Thread: What is the best way to read books? Sitting in comfortable chair or laying in a bed?

Join Date Dec 2016
    Posts 226
    Rep Power 2

Default What is the best way to read books? Sitting in comfortable chair or laying in a bed?

Dear friends: I didn't know where to place this question about book-reading which is an important part of political activism and trying to overthrow the capitalist system.

I would like to know what is the best way to enjoy book-reading, and concentrate on book-reading? Laying down in bed, or sitting down in a comfortable chair? I ask this question, because I've been readying lying down in bed. But i've noticed that I cannot concentrate well on the book-reading, on the sentences when I am laying in bed. Maybe because of the lack of blood flow to the brain

I would like to know how do you read your books, lying down or sitting down?
    A good answer for anti-communist hockey dads if they tell you to leave the USA: "If you force me to leave USA, I will leave USA. Otherwise I will stay in your Glenn Beck country trying to help the Revolutionary Communist International Tendency https://www.thecommunists.net/what-we-stand-for/ who will overthrow the US government in the near future, seize state power and destroy capitalism once americans cannot endure anymore so much pain and suffering caused the free market capitalist system of Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin"
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Location traveling (U.S.)
    Posts 15,284
    Rep Power 65

Sitting-up:

No, lying down:

No, wait, *sitting up*:

Um... *both*:

Join Date Dec 2016
    Posts 226
    Rep Power 2

Yeah, i guess that both types of reading are good, the problem I see with reading in a chair, is that after a while your body will get tired and uncomfortable, cause a decrease in concentration. And reading in bed is more comfortable, but it can make your eyes feel sleepy

Sitting-up:

No, lying down:

No, wait, *sitting up*:

Um... *both*:

A good answer for anti-communist hockey dads if they tell you to leave the USA: "If you force me to leave USA, I will leave USA. Otherwise I will stay in your Glenn Beck country trying to help the Revolutionary Communist International Tendency https://www.thecommunists.net/what-we-stand-for/ who will overthrow the US government in the near future, seize state power and destroy capitalism once americans cannot endure anymore so much pain and suffering caused the free market capitalist system of Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin"
    Join Date Apr 2018
    Posts 2
    Rep Power 0

I generally opt for a chair that's flexible rather than cushy, like a wicker chair or a rocking chair. I personally prefer to read outside, but many people probably don't. In general the best tip is to find a setting where you have the least amount of physical stimulation, positive or negative. One last tip: crossing your legs while you sit is a great way to keep from falling asleep while also giving you a place to rest your book

Sent from my Studio XL 2 using Tapatalk