Thread: Lol, “innovators”

Join Date Dec 2003
    Location Oakland, California
    Posts 8,139
    Rep Power 164

Default Lol, “innovators”

Silicon Valley elites are spending $60 for less than 3 gallons of dangerous, unfiltered water — and it's flying off the shelves

Jan. 2, 2018, 9:39 PM 206,003

People in San Francisco are spending up to $61 for untreated, unfiltered water - and it is so popular that stores are apparently having a hard time keeping it in stock.

Other Silicon Valley insiders are gathering and storing untreated spring water, The New York Times reported.

But food-safety experts say that consuming "raw" water can lead to infections such as cholera, hepatitis A, and E. coli.

Silicon Valley is developing a "raw water" obsession.

In San Francisco, "unfiltered, untreated, unsterilized spring water" from a company called Live Water is selling for up to $61 for a decorative 2.5-gallon jug - and it's flying off the shelves, The New York Times reported....

http://www.businessinsider.com/silic...edium=referral
    Join Date Jan 2013
    Posts 2,893
    Organisation
    The lol people
    Rep Power 51

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Holy shit how can people be so dumb
    "I'm not interested in indulging whims from members of your faction."
    Seeing as this is seen as acceptable by an admin, from here on out when I have a disagreement with someone I will be asking them to reference this. If you want an explanation of my views, too bad.
    Join Date Dec 2003
    Posts 8,139
    Rep Power 164

B-b-but they are the geniuses of the world! They will replace irrational democracy with a perfect governing algorithm.

These people are the fucking worst... California Uber Alles :/
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Location traveling (U.S.)
    Posts 15,221
    Rep Power 65

It's probably because spring water -- of whatever quality -- goes through natural 'vortexing' motions which reduces the clumping of the water molecules, making the water more permeable through cell membranes, for much better hydration to the body. (Water transported through pipes doesn't benefit from any vortexing motions because no vortexes form in this way.)

One can do the same thing by simply vigorously stirring a cupful of water with a spoon for about a minute. You'll notice that the resulting water is noticeably *thinner* in texture, 'sparklier' when held up to light, and is much more refreshing when drunk.

Here are some relevant videos:

Structured Water Cheap, Easy!

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Structured Water Plant Experiment Final Results January 2016

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Forget ‘raw water’ — there’s a safer off grid alternative to the dangerous craze

+ YouTube Video
    Join Date Jan 2005
    Location The Upside Down
    Posts 11,499
    Rep Power 196

"whatever they might make would never be the same as that world of dark streets and bright dreams"

http://youtu.be/g-PwIDYbDqI
    Join Date Jan 2013
    Posts 2,893
    Organisation
    The lol people
    Rep Power 51

Ckaihatsu what's wrong with u
    Seeing as this is seen as acceptable by an admin, from here on out when I have a disagreement with someone I will be asking them to reference this. If you want an explanation of my views, too bad.
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Posts 15,221
    Rep Power 65

Ckaihatsu what's wrong with u

Dude, I thought you *liked* this kind of stuff.... No?

Oh, that's right, you're the one who stays in your cave most of the time, emerging occasionally only to berate others on this forum for perceived personal transgressions, and to try out a little social engineering as well.

You should have a diploma in 'Ignoring Content' since you haven't addressed any of it here.
    fire to the prisons Forum Moderator
    Global Moderator
    Join Date Aug 2005
    Posts 6,063
    Rep Power 100

For some reason the title of this thread made me think of this song:
    If we have no business with the construction of the future or with organizing it for all time, there can still be no doubt about the task confronting us at present: the ruthless criticism of the existing order, ruthless in that it will shrink neither from its own discoveries, nor from conflict with the powers that be.
    - Karl Marx
    Join Date Jan 2013
    Posts 2,893
    Organisation
    The lol people
    Rep Power 51

Dude, I thought you *liked* this kind of stuff.... No?

Oh, that's right, you're the one who stays in your cave most of the time, emerging occasionally only to berate others on this forum for perceived personal transgressions, and to try out a little social engineering as well.

You should have a diploma in 'Ignoring Content' since you haven't addressed any of it here.
    Given that not only myself but many others have addressed your "content" many times on this forum and you've shown yourself to be unable to listen I think the content can be safely disregarded.
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Posts 15,221
    Rep Power 65

Given that not only myself but many others have addressed your "content" many times on this forum and you've shown yourself to be unable to listen I think the content can be safely disregarded.

The barrier to entry is incredibly low for this dynamic -- if one vigorously stirs a cupful of water with a spoon, a vortex is created for that quantity of water. Do that for a minute and you'll have 'structured' water that you can then try for yourself.

You can't complain about the process because the cost is *negligible* -- if you're not willing to experience this different type of water then you have no grounds to say anything about it.
    Join Date Jan 2013
    Posts 2,893
    Organisation
    The lol people
    Rep Power 51

It's objectively not a different type of water chris. It's just water. Source me a peer reviewed scientific article that says that after you stir water vigorously for a minute and you have a different type of water.
    Join Date Dec 2003
    Posts 8,139
    Rep Power 164

Y’all are really harshing my rich-fucks-mockery buzz. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Join Date Feb 2015
    Posts 551
    Rep Power 12

Structured water lawl. You know, it might just be better if they actually die.
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Posts 15,221
    Rep Power 65

It's objectively not a different type of water chris. It's just water. Source me a peer reviewed scientific article that says that after you stir water vigorously for a minute and you have a different type of water.

Yeah, it doesn't work that way -- this is d.i.y., since you haven't noticed.

Also, water is a *crystal*, even in liquid form. It tends to clump up at the molecular scale, which is why vortexing water has a real physical change on the substance.
    Join Date Jan 2005
    Location The Upside Down
    Posts 11,499
    Rep Power 196

are you being serious?
    "whatever they might make would never be the same as that world of dark streets and bright dreams"

http://youtu.be/g-PwIDYbDqI
    Join Date Jan 2013
    Posts 2,893
    Organisation
    The lol people
    Rep Power 51

Yeah, it doesn't work that way -- this is d.i.y., since you haven't noticed.
    did you know a great way to cure butt cancer is to insert a tsp of cayenne pepper into your rectum. I don't have to prove this, it's DIY.

Also, water is a *crystal*, even in liquid form. It tends to clump up at the molecular scale, which is why vortexing water has a real physical change on the substance.
    You wouldn't pass high school chemistry. There's a lot wrong with this but seeing as you aren't sourcing your claims with peer reviewed articles I won't bother sourcing mine. The burden of proof here lies on you.
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Posts 15,221
    Rep Power 65

did you know a great way to cure butt cancer is to insert a tsp of cayenne pepper into your rectum. I don't have to prove this, it's DIY.

Congrats on your recovery.

You wouldn't pass high school chemistry. There's a lot wrong with this but seeing as you aren't sourcing your claims with peer reviewed articles I won't bother sourcing mine. The burden of proof here lies on you.

Sure, you don't *have* to acknowledge facts, but then you're just being abstentionist from this particular topic, as with all others here -- you simply use aggression-passivity instead of actually addressing the content.

The burden of proof here can be satisfied by stirring a vortex into a cupful of water with a spoon for a minute.
    Join Date Aug 2016
    Location Wandering
    Posts 48
    Rep Power 0

I went ahead and did the water experiment, and I have no idea what the hell you're talking about ckaihatsu.

It tastes exactly the same. I tried a glass of normal water for comparison and I can't tell the difference. I forgot to check if it was more sparkly, so I'll do that tomorrow.

Still, even were I to notice a difference, that's not enough, since there is supposed to be a theory underlying why it is different. And here I am with BIXX, that has to be demonstrated, peer review and all the rest.
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Posts 15,221
    Rep Power 65

I went ahead and did the water experiment, and I have no idea what the hell you're talking about ckaihatsu.

It tastes exactly the same.

It's not about the taste, it's about the *texture*. Optionally one could fill a bottle with marbles or beads, add water, and then *shake* the bottle (30 secs - 1 minute) to do the same thing. Best, I've found, is using the 'Tornado in a Bottle' plastic toy coupler on a pair of 1.5L SmartWater bottles -- 4 times per batch. There's also the technique in the first video at post #4, and one could also buy prills to do the same thing, effort-free (~$20).

I tried a glass of normal water for comparison and I can't tell the difference. I forgot to check if it was more sparkly, so I'll do that tomorrow.

Still, even were I to notice a difference, that's not enough, since there is supposed to be a theory underlying why it is different. And here I am with BIXX, that has to be demonstrated, peer review and all the rest.

Well, I brought it up because of the original topic ('raw water'), but I'm not trying to *tell* anyone what to do -- either you *want* to try this out, or you don't.

F.y.i, for more-*academic* backing, here's a search and a page:

https://www.google.com/search?client....0.hTH_XHWstTo

http://www.silverhealthinstitute.com...r-new-vectors/
    Join Date Aug 2016
    Location Wandering
    Posts 48
    Rep Power 0

It's not about the taste, it's about the *texture*. Optionally one could fill a bottle with marbles or beads, add water, and then *shake* the bottle (30 secs - 1 minute) to do the same thing. Best, I've found, is using the 'Tornado in a Bottle' plastic toy coupler on a pair of 1.5L SmartWater bottles -- 4 times per batch. There's also the technique in the first video at post #4, and one could also buy prills to do the same thing, effort-free (~$20).
    Taste, texture, whatever. Couldn't tell any difference.

Well, I brought it up because of the original topic ('raw water'), but I'm not trying to *tell* anyone what to do -- either you *want* to try this out, or you don't.

F.y.i, for more-*academic* backing, here's a search and a page:

https://www.google.com/search?client....0.hTH_XHWstTo

http://www.silverhealthinstitute.com...r-new-vectors/
    Right. I got the impression that you countered BIXX's request for evidence with claiming that they should just do the experiment and see for themself, as if that would be enough evidence.

I can't be arsed to go through the article right now, but I wonder how trustworthy this Rustum Roy guy is. He has co-authored an article with Deepak Chopra for fuck's sake. That at least signals poor judgement.