Capitalist Temptations | Wanna get rid of those stupid ads? Us too! Help us to be non-dependent from corporate money again and sign up for a monthly donation now!

Thread: Hegel and contradiction

Join Date Nov 2017
    Location Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts 13
    Rep Power 0

Default Hegel and contradiction

How exactly does Hegelian dialectic survive the formal logic of the law of noncontradiction? I have been seeing people say it does without explanation.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
    Join Date Apr 2012
    Posts 256
    Rep Power 11

A word of advice for new posters, don't try to be too edgy/lazy with your questions. Provide citations, quotes and context so that we see you at least did some prior research, and also so that people can better respond to your questions.
    Join Date Nov 2017
    Posts 13
    Rep Power 0

A word of advice for new posters, don't try to be too edgy/lazy with your questions. Provide citations, quotes and context so that we see you at least did some prior research, and also so that people can better respond to your questions.
    What do you mean exactly? This is literally all the information I had when I learned of such criticism, and I looked into it and could find no such information. So, maybe, some advice to more experienced posters, do be condescending and help me through my intellectual journey

Join Date Nov 2017
    Posts 13
    Rep Power 0

And apologies if that seemed very confrontational, but your comment seemed to me very condescending.

Join Date Apr 2012
    Posts 256
    Rep Power 11

What you said indicates they (who are probably just youtube commentators) haven't read Hegel. So ask them for a fuller explanation or references where they picked up that criticism; they are the ones making the criticism. The burden is on them. If you can't/won't communicate with them, then it doesn't matter, for your intellectual journey will not be affected by their unexplained claims.