Capitalist Temptations | Wanna get rid of those stupid ads? Us too! Help us to be non-dependent from corporate money again and sign up for a monthly donation now!

Thread: Industrial Workers and Crafts

Join Date Feb 2016
    Posts 23
    Rep Power 0

Default Industrial Workers and Crafts

There is a great deal of problems and expense in organizing the unorganized that is why it is often avoided, where often those are not the only reasons where often the unskilled are replaced and the skilled are tormented and troubled.

Today all too many US workers have been industrialized just as America has become often industrialized and whole industries were shipped overseas while the Captains of Industry and Labor bosses harp on about what are merely figments of their imagination.

I 63 live in Pa. have a house smart money says most are smart Alecs and don't know what to do with it.

Your mission if you decide to accept it is to prove me wrong not beat me in the head with your idiotic rhetoric.

• As always, should you or any of your I.M. Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This tape/disc will self-destruct in five/ten seconds. Good luck.

Question: Working on the Chain gang, woo ah, if you have 5 sledge hammers 2.5, 3.0, 3.5,5, and 8lbs, in that the 2.5 is lightest to use and 8lb lbs the heaviest, one gets you out of prison faster and one slower, one hurts more and one hurt less.

So why and how is the job to be done as the boss will never tell you what is expected of you?

I hear somethin' sayin'
      That's the sound of the men working on the chain ga-a-ang
      That's the sound of the men working on the chain gang
      All day long they're singin'
      (Hooh aah) (hooh aah)
      (Hooh aah) (hooh aah)
      All day long they work so hard
      Till the sun is goin' down
      Working on the highways and byways
      And wearing, wearing a frown
      You hear them moanin' their lives away
      Then you hear somebody sa-ay
      Can't ya hear them singin'
      Mm, I'm goin' home one of these days
      I'm goin' home see my woman
      Whom I love so dear
      But…
    Last edited by Andrew_Zito; 9th December 2017 at 22:56.
    Join Date Dec 2003
    Location Oakland, California
    Posts 8,029
    Rep Power 164

Iím not sure I understand the challenge here.

Do you mind explaining the question or your point again?
    Join Date Feb 2016
    Posts 23
    Rep Power 0

"Do I mind?" Yes. Since it was phrased in an open ended phrasing thank you for asking but no thanks:

As you posed a vague seemingly baseless esoteric exoteric question (the form of which was even more so rudely obtuse, as my question was clearly stated).

But I will try to be helpful there are several typos in the text I wrote (as I often make typos) the question is "who what where, how, why, when")
    towards which end may I ask if you are "industrial" and for which I perpetually add typos "until death do I part".
    Join Date Dec 2003
    Location Oakland, California
    Posts 8,029
    Rep Power 164

Default Industrial Workers and Crafts

Are you asking what our individual jobs or job history is?

Iím probably older than most. Iíve never worked in manufacturing, if thatís what youíre asking, but most of that was moved inland or largely automated when it couldnít move (like jobs at the docs).

Iíve worked union jobs in hospitality and in the school system. Iíve also worked a lot of non-union jobs like delis and liquor stores in my early 20s. Iíve had delivery and temp jobs and worked in a warehouse sized tech support center.

Both my parents worked union jobs and people in my family worked as longshoremen, nurses and, unfortunately, as cops.

Workplaces all have different challenges and as an activist I have supported union hospitality, transportation and waste disposal, but I have also worked on campaigns with nonunionized fast food workers.

As far as I can see, no workers are on a strong offensive today, so itís hard all around. But I look at fellow workers as part of a connected class. So if there was a breakthrough for low wage or unorganized workers, it would probably enourage more industrial workers or visa versa. Back before industrial unions, industrial factory workers were thought of as the replaceable and unorganizable group. New tactics and strategies developed and changed that - the same thing would probably have to happen today for things to turn around.

Iím still not sure if this is what youíre asking, but i took a shot. I was not trying to be disrespectful in asking for clarification.
    Join Date Feb 2016
    Posts 23
    Rep Power 0

"Question: Working on the Chain gang, woo ah, if you have 5 sledge hammers 2.5, 3.0, 3.5,5, and 8lbs, in that the 2.5 is lightest to use and 8lb lbs the heaviest, one gets you out of prison faster and one slower, one hurts more and one hurt less."

Sorry. Too bad the service industry sucks as the word is derived from slavery so one can suppose you have no feelings towards sledgehammers industry and crafts so it is easy to conclude you have no idea about it as you have not affinity for what it is, no disrespect is sense just the threats of the trades the ignorant lack skill in and have no idea how to pick, pick up or hold the tools.

POETRY NOT PROSE cruz no questions no trouble no lies no parking tickets no books where love begins with a sledge hammer.
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Location traveling (U.S.)
    Posts 15,006
    Rep Power 64

AZ, stop with your dada-type, surrealist posts and either participate coherently, or don't.

Warning issued.
    Join Date Oct 2017
    Location Tucson, Arizona; USA
    Posts 14
    Organisation
    DSA and the Bernie Sanders Movement
    Rep Power 0

AZ, stop with your dada-type, surrealist posts and either participate coherently, or don't.

Warning issued.

Thank you Chaihatsu, cleaning up the muck one at a time!

- - - Updated - - -

Warning issued.

Thank you Chaihatsu, cleaning up the muck one at a time!
    A rising of the masses requires no justification. [...] The masses followed our banner and our insurrection was victorious. And now we are told, "renounce you victory, make concessions, compromise". Compromise? To whom, I ask. Here no compromise is possible. To those who have left and to those who tell us to compromise we must say, "You are miserable bankrupts! Your role is played out! GO back to where you ought to go; in the dustbin of history!" -Leon Trotsky

"Let me say, at the risk of seeming ridiculous, that the true revolutionary is guided by great feelings of love" -Ernesto "Che" Guevara