Capitalist Temptations | Wanna get rid of those stupid ads? Us too! Help us to be non-dependent from corporate money again and sign up for a monthly donation now!

Thread: Underlying cultural struggle within organised left

Join Date Oct 2017
    Posts 11
    Rep Power 0

Default Underlying cultural struggle within organised left

I think amongst the organised left there are conflicting attitudes towards certain social issues. As to why such often quite contrasting attitudes exist between different sections of the left is to be found in the realm of ideology.

For example, racism is likely to be found as less unacceptable in groups that have an ultra-leftist line on the national question and accompanying dismissive attitude towards anti-imperialist liberation struggles than say, for example, Marxist-Leninist organisations. (as an aside I've noticed a toleration of racism and, more generally, chauvinism by ultra-leftists on these forums).

This is mutually reinforced by the fact that such ultra-leftists are drawn by and large from the indigenous people from imperialist countries. Once again, in contrast to Marxist-Leninists who are more ethnically diverse.

I can cite other examples of this phenomenon.
    Ted Grant was a gimp.
    Join Date Oct 2011
    Location UK
    Posts 1,009
    Rep Power 31

You've realised that there's virtually no active CWI members left on the board so you're instead trying to troll the ultra-leftists....
    Modern democracy is nothing but the freedom to preach whatever is to the advantage of the bourgeoisie - Lenin

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GiantMonkeyMan For This Useful Post:

Join Date Oct 2017
    Posts 11
    Rep Power 0

You've realised that there's virtually no active CWI members left on the board so you're instead trying to troll the ultra-leftists....
    So you're more or less admitting that this CWI is tolerant of chauvinism and racism ��
    Ted Grant was a gimp.
    Join Date Oct 2011
    Location UK
    Posts 1,009
    Rep Power 31

I mean, you can spend your time however you want when you're bored. This board is virtually dead though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Modern democracy is nothing but the freedom to preach whatever is to the advantage of the bourgeoisie - Lenin

Join Date Dec 2003
    Location Oakland, California
    Posts 8,029
    Rep Power 164

Is this thread about leftists who like pop music verses those who like classical music?

Or are you talking about the left cultures who focus on building working class resistance and power verses those who like to battle other leftists in an echo-chamber thunderdome?
    Join Date Oct 2017
    Posts 13
    Rep Power 0

How fucking amerocentric is that. In Eastern Europe, Marxist-Leninists usually team up with, form querfronts with outright fascists, and they are not ethnically diverse at all. Different regions, different conditions, you get my meaning. But yeah, let's just neglect whole continents or regions so you can reinforce your judgements on "ultra-leftism" and various criticisms of bourgeois nationalism and identity-prostheses coming from these tendencies. I know some people like to act like this online, but hey, THERE IS LIFE OUTSIDE OF THE US
    Join Date Oct 2017
    Posts 11
    Rep Power 0

I never specifically mentioned this CWI in the OP. Obviously a touchy subject that you automatically assumed I was referring to your sect.

If there was any particular entity I had in mind was a moderator on this forum called "phoenix ash" who accidentally admitted to being a racist(he departed the forum shortly afterwards) but he identified himself as an anarchist.

Or are you talking about the left cultures who focus on building working class resistance and power verses those who like to battle other leftists in an echo-chamber thunderdome?
    "working class resistance and power" always with the bombastic rhetoric. Do you any idea how ridiculous (and quite frankly cringeworthy) it sounds at a time when class consciousness is quite low.
    Ted Grant was a gimp.
    Join Date Oct 2011
    Location UK
    Posts 1,009
    Rep Power 31

I never specifically mentioned this CWI in the OP. Obviously a touchy subject that you automatically assumed I was referring to your sect.
    I'm not a member of the CWI although I used to be. It's funny how you consider it a 'touchy subject' for me when you have your hatred of Militant and its offshoots emblazoned in your username. Why do you care so much about a barely relevant organisation that you would join a barely active forum just to troll its members? I mean, it's your free time to do with as you will.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GiantMonkeyMan For This Useful Post:

Join Date Dec 2003
    Location Oakland, California
    Posts 8,029
    Rep Power 164

“working class resistance and power" always with the bombastic rhetoric. Do you any idea how ridiculous (and quite frankly cringeworthy) it sounds at a time when class consciousness is quite low.
    Well it’s been low for some time in the US but intra-sect fighting is irrelevant to that compared to IDK, supporting anti-fascist efforts, attempts to build worker centers, attempting to build struggle outside of the liberal non-profits. Hell, a bumper sticker that says “workers power” is probably a whole lot more effective than trying to stop groups no one has ever heard of.

Get out of your myopic, sectarian ass. Love a little. Workers don’t care about your Trekkie like approach to politics.

I meant “live a little” but the autocorrect works. Would you like a nurturing non-sexual long sustained cuddle maybe?
    fire to the prisons Forum Moderator
    Global Moderator
    Join Date Aug 2005
    Posts 6,057
    Rep Power 100

I am closing this thread and issuing a verbal warning to Alan woods is a windbag. If you are going to make threads please be sure there is a topic at hand and a reasonable avenue for dialogue.
    If we have no business with the construction of the future or with organizing it for all time, there can still be no doubt about the task confronting us at present: the ruthless criticism of the existing order, ruthless in that it will shrink neither from its own discoveries, nor from conflict with the powers that be.
    - Karl Marx