Thread: Ckaihatsu is infracting, threatening, closing threads

Join Date Jan 2005
    Location The Upside Down
    Posts 11,470
    Rep Power 195

Default Ckaihatsu is infracting, threatening, closing threads

Originally Posted by ele'ill
    This is an issue of technical support, because an administrator on this forum has gone completely off the rails after being denied the ability to spam. That's the actual situation.
    Originally Posted by ckaihatsu
    No, it *isn't* the actual situation, because I've been cooperative with changes in board policy as they've happened.
    There are links and commentary in the ckaihatsu spamming thread that you closed against board policy, that show you actually never stopped and in fact increased the amount of spam you were posting while more and more users came forward to state that your behavior was disruptive. You posted over double the amount that the site owner told you to post, at least twice, in August, as recorded in the ckaihatsu spamming thread (that you closed against board policy). You derailed a handful of threads with spam or by talking about spam, there are links in the ckaihatsu spamming thread (that you closed against board policy.)

You're *misconstruing*, as usual, and attempting to define the working definition of 'spam' for the board.
    every board doesn't need to have its own 'working definition' of spam when a definition of spam exists and is generally agreed on by bodies of people collectively to prevent it because people hate it and don't want it around them with the exception of the spammers themselves

also, if i'm 'misconstruing as usual' which is a thing you've said to i think everyone, why has board policy changed, allegedly, to limit/stop what was pointed out as your spamming?

Originally Posted by elei'll
    Ckaihatsu, you are not allowed to close threads you are involved in, especially not threads where users are posting about your abuses of the forum or them.

This is not my understanding. My understanding is that an admin is not allowed to *issue infractions* for 'flaming' that is directed at them. Your petty groupthink faction already has a thread available to all of you:
    That is incorrect. The logic behind what you've stated here is correct in that an admin is not allowed to issue infractions for flaming that is directed at them, they are also with that same logic not allowed to engage in admin actions against users who they are in disagreement with. The reason for this is to prevent an Admin from say, closing threads, issuing warnings, issuing infractions, bans, threatening bans, dodging accountability you know throttling that self deluded power fantasy, when the complaints about their behavior are valid ones. What has happened here is an excellent example of why the policy exists and you've broken it almost half a dozen times now.

Spamming of several threads by the 'spam-defining' faction

https://www.revleft.space/vb/threads...fining-faction
    The only actual threads that have been derailed have been derailed by you as pointed out in the ckaihatsu spamming thread that you closed against board policy. There has been disruption of your news spam though.

You are also not allowed to infract users for creating a place to post about your abuse of the forum or them, after you have removed the first place to do that.

I have not issued any warnings or infractions to *anyone* around anything of this kind that you're describing -- I *have* issued infractions to you and BIXX for attempting to circumvent my closing of threads.
    you've issued warnings, threats, and you've handed out at least 2 infractions and closed a thread that was documenting your behavior which is against board policy

As was decided, what you were doing was in fact spam, that's why you're not allowed to do it anymore. It is entirely because of users coming forward and showing how the spam and behavior is disruptive in the ckaihatsu spamming thread that this was articulated. You of all admins don't get to close those threads, and you certainly don't get to issue infractions.

You certainly don't get to change board policy on the basis of just your say-so.
    Existing board policy is what's being addressed and yeah board policy can be crafted by those who frequent the board, which would make more sense than crafting board policies to the wishes of a single spammer.

Originally Posted by bixx
    No, it's a technical support issue because I can't respond to a thread that I should be able to.

The board software isn't malfunctioning and arbitrarily closing threads itself, so it's an internal-political issue.

---
    No, but there is an admin, you, that is issuing warnings, infractions, and closing threads, of users who you are in a dispute with. You have blatantly abused your power as an administrator.

I'm not 'sanctioning' ('approving') your groupthink-ideology -- I'm allowing one thread about your spamming, and you're off-topic on it.

This is an example of someone trying to rewrite history folks.

No, because this isn't 'history' yet -- it's 'active' because you and your faction are stubbornly aiming to revise board policy on the mere basis of your say-so, such as for the defining of 'spam'.
    What is your definition of spam.

It's always a real shocker when a reflect admin abuses their power.

All you do is issue-forth your *opinions*, and fabricate the narrative underlying your efforts, like exaggerating the general support that (doesn't) exist for your faction's internal-political agenda.
    You closed the threads where numerous users came forward, and now it's happening in other threads, and you are closing those threads too. You are attempting to cover up your behavior while continuing it.

Thread closed.
    closing these threads is against board policy.
    Last edited by Ele'ill; 12th October 2017 at 19:26.
    "whatever they might make would never be the same as that world of dark streets and bright dreams"

http://youtu.be/g-PwIDYbDqI
    Join Date Jan 2013
    Posts 2,836
    Rep Power 49

Chris, these threads are relevant and topical by the way because they are a discussion of your behavior. If you'd like them specifically to be titled regarding your abuses of members here, we can do that (as was done with this thread), but closing these threads and taking administrative actions against the users who take issue with the way you conduct yourself as an admin on the forum shows exactly how you are completely unable to be a positive part of this forum. Futhermore, your continued insistence on taking administrative action against people is not only inappropriate and against the rules, it's also the kind of mentality that got the forum to the place it's at in the fist place.
    "I'm not interested in indulging whims from members of your faction."
    Seeing as this is seen as acceptable by an admin, from here on out when I have a disagreement with someone I will be asking them to reference this. If you want an explanation of my views, too bad.
    fka AugustWest Forum Moderator
    Global Moderator
    Join Date Aug 2005
    Posts 6,038
    Organisation
    IWW
    Rep Power 100

This is ridiculous and this period of time in this forum's history will go down as the "remember when they gave Chris admin powers" time. Honestly, multiple forum rules have been openly and repeatedly violated by Ckaihatsu, and his random closing of threads that he is involved in or center around his criticism is sad. Why is he the only active admin?

- - - Updated - - -

But perhaps we're going about this wrong. I seriously think if we spam his spam there's nothing he can do, right? Because he doesn't believe it's spam so we all can do it. Once the forum is flooded with bullshit email forwards something will have to change.
    If we have no business with the construction of the future or with organizing it for all time, there can still be no doubt about the task confronting us at present: the ruthless criticism of the existing order, ruthless in that it will shrink neither from its own discoveries, nor from conflict with the powers that be.
    - Karl Marx
    Join Date Jan 2013
    Posts 2,836
    Rep Power 49

The forum is already flooded with email spam tho

He's also calling any discussion of his behavior spam (which is factually incorrect). The basic issue comes down to the fact that the forum is going to die due to the way that admins on this site have historically conducted themselves, either by being completely absent or by abusing their power, in this case the latter.
    "I'm not interested in indulging whims from members of your faction."
    Seeing as this is seen as acceptable by an admin, from here on out when I have a disagreement with someone I will be asking them to reference this. If you want an explanation of my views, too bad.
    fka AugustWest Forum Moderator
    Global Moderator
    Join Date Aug 2005
    Posts 6,038
    Organisation
    IWW
    Rep Power 100

Good point. Ultimately it's a serious disservice to the leftist community to have this forum collapse via Chris' spamming and abuse of power. This place could be awesome and in all honesty now is the time to have a righteous leftist forum active across communities. But instead we get email forwards and some guy yelling about how he hasn't done anything wrong.
    If we have no business with the construction of the future or with organizing it for all time, there can still be no doubt about the task confronting us at present: the ruthless criticism of the existing order, ruthless in that it will shrink neither from its own discoveries, nor from conflict with the powers that be.
    - Karl Marx
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Location traveling (U.S.)
    Posts 14,889
    Rep Power 63

There is no active issue here. Those of the dictatorial groupthink faction can drop their agenda whenever they like and be regular participants on this forum.

There's no need to circumvent my closing of threads that are not relevant to the board.

Ele'ill and BIXX receive 1 infraction each for their continued attempts at circumventing my closing of threads.

Italo Unti receives a warning for the same.

Thread closed.