Thread: Spamming of several threads by the 'spam-defining' faction

Join Date Mar 2008
    Location traveling (U.S.)
    Posts 15,015
    Rep Power 64

Default Spamming of several threads by the 'spam-defining' faction

Okay, since there's been so much spillover of off-topic flaming-type posts into various threads, I'm going to start issuing warnings and infractions for such. The threads to watch are these in particular:

Stop Deportations Action-Oct 6th! [Gary, IN] [buses from Chicago]

https://www.revleft.space/vb/threads...65#post2888765

Russia is an Imperialist Country

https://www.revleft.space/vb/threads...ialist-Country

Sole (so-lay) -- a health plan for those who can afford unrefined sea salt

https://www.revleft.space/vb/threads...fined-sea-salt

---

Flaming

Flaming is universally not permitted on RevLeft. While we understand that many issues discussed here are controversial and emotionally charged, we also understand that emotional responses can get out of hand. This means that posts containing little but personal insults, name-calling and/or threats are not permitted.

Repeated flaming in posts containing nothing of substance except flames will result in warning points, and incorrigible offenders may be banned. In some cases threads which degenerate into "flame wars" will be locked with the participants prohibited from reviving them in any form.

Procedure for administrative action, i.e. The Warning System

These guidelines are aimed at dealing with users who breach the board guidelines in relation to flaming, trolling, spamming or social prejudice.
    When a user breaches these guidelines the following procedure applies:
    Procedure for administrative action, i.e. The Warning System These guidelines are aimed at dealing with users who breach the board guidelines in relation to flaming, trolling, spamming or social prejudice. When a user breaches these guidelines the following procedure applies: 1) Warning by mod or admin, offending posts/threads are removed. 2.) If after a warning the warned behavior continues the user may be given an infraction. Infractions should follow a warning to a user. Infractions for spam or flaming should be given for repeated, regular cases, not one-off posts. Moderators are removed as moderator after 3 infractions and subject to the same consequences as all other members after 5. Forum Moderators and Global Moderators may not infract Administrators. Administrators may only be infracted by other Administrators.

Reaching 5 Infractions or 100% Warning Level

1) When any user receives 5 infractions/100% warning level for the first time, it will result in a one week temporary suspension of posting abilities. 2) Infractions for Flaming, Spam, and Trolling expire after six months. A user returning from suspension must not receive any more infractions until previous infractions expire. 3) Each time a user reaches 100% warn again (or receives infractions immediately following suspension), the length of the suspension is doubled and a poll is held to determine the status of their membership with these options: Do Nothing Ban
    Join Date Aug 2013
    Location Canada
    Posts 223
    Organisation
    Ontario Coalition Against Poverty
    Rep Power 0

Oh please. "Spam-defining" faction? There is no "faction," just 90% of the userbase who wants you to stop what you're doing. They aren't "defining spam." The dictionary does, and they are making a clear-cut case that your behaviour corresponds to that definition. Not that you have an issue with defining spam, since your decision to label what Eleill and Bixx and others have been trying very patiently to explain to you as "spam" implies a definition of spam. So in effect, you yourself are, as usual, doing exactly what you claim others are doing.

Since we're on the topic of your twlight-zone conspiracies and wordplay, don't you find it interesting that the only discussion in those threads you closed was from people you accuse of "spamming," while before that point, as with virtually all the "news" threads you start, there was absolutely no discussion, only a mass-generated email that people on this forum didn't solicit and have no interest in reading or discussing (as evidence by the striking lack of discussion)? So the discussion is spam, but the mass emails aren't? I see.

Chris spams, then when people try to discuss it with him to get him to stop, he accuses them of spamming, which implies a definition of spam, all while he attacks the people trying to reason with him because they supposedly defined spam. This is some fucked up behaviour, but I must say, it's consistent with the behaviour of the prior and current admin team, which is presumably why the made you an admin in the first place. You know what they say about birds of a feather.
  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bea Arthur For This Useful Post:

Join Date Jan 2005
    Location The Upside Down
    Posts 11,504
    Rep Power 195

Chris, you have spammed more threads than all of the user base combined and you arbitrarily closed the Ckaihatsu spamming thread

The stop deportations thread is news spam that you created, you derailed the russia is an imperialist country thread yourself which is evident in that thread, and the soley thread is a bunch of pseudo scientific nonsense that you necro'd after a year

So are you going to infract and ban yourself? The examples you're bringing up are instances where you have spammed.
    Last edited by Ele'ill; 8th October 2017 at 20:48.
    "whatever they might make would never be the same as that world of dark streets and bright dreams"

http://youtu.be/g-PwIDYbDqI
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Posts 15,015
    Rep Power 64

Oh please. "Spam-defining" faction? There is no "faction," just 90% of the userbase who wants you to stop what you're doing.

No, you continue to exaggerate.

They aren't "defining spam." The dictionary does, and they are making a clear-cut case that your behaviour corresponds to that definition.

The dictionary only provides an *abstract* definition and can't *apply* that abstraction to specific, real-world contexts, as people do.

Not that you have an issue with defining spam, since your decision to label what Eleill and Bixx and others have been trying very patiently to explain to you as "spam" implies a definition of spam. So in effect, you yourself are, as usual, doing exactly what you claim others are doing.

No, there's *disagreement* here at RevLeft over what constitutes 'spam' and what doesn't. I don't agree with your faction's perspective / line on this issue.

Don't turn non-discussion threads, like those at Upcoming Events, into vehicles for more of your faction's fractiousness and repetitious attempts to make more of the board de-facto off-limits to what you consider to be 'spam'. You're really treading on the boundary of promoting censorship. Watch yourself.

Since we're on the topic of your twlight-zone conspiracies and wordplay,

Actually, we're not -- you just keep erroneously *imputing* this.

don't you find it interesting that the only discussion in those threads you closed was from people you accuse of "spamming," while before that point, as with virtually all the "news" threads you start, there was absolutely no discussion, only a mass-generated email that people on this forum didn't solicit and have no interest in reading or discussing (as evidence by the striking lack of discussion)? So the discussion is spam, but the mass emails aren't? I see.

Again, I don't agree with your faction's line, and I don't think all news and event postings should *require* discussion afterwards. (How would a poster like myself be able to 'predict' which initial posts would generate discussion, anyway -- ? -- !)

Chris spams, then when people try to discuss it with him to get him to stop, he accuses them of spamming, which implies a definition of spam, all while he attacks the people trying to reason with him because they supposedly defined spam. This is some fucked up behaviour, but I must say, it's consistent with the behaviour of the prior and current admin team, which is presumably why the made you an admin in the first place. You know what they say about birds of a feather.

You need to understand that you and others don't get to just swoop in and be the ones who dictate the working definition for 'spam' (censorship). Your faction has become *so* aggressive that you've been spamming event threads with more bile from your 'spam-defining' agenda.

Chris, you have spammed more threads than all of the user base combined

Only according to your erroneous subjective standard.

and you arbitrarily closed the Ckaihatsu spamming thread

It wasn't 'arbitrary', as if I was throwing darts at a board.

You continue to misconstrue my actions here as being somehow *deleterious* to the board, when in fact it's *your* activities that are tangential and irrelevant.

The stop deportations thread is news spam that you created, you derailed the russia is an imperialist country thread yourself which is evident in that thread, and the soley thread is a bunch of pseudo scientific nonsense that you necro'd after a year

So are you going to infract and ban yourself? The examples you're bringing up are instances where you have spammed.

No, you're incorrect.
    Join Date Oct 2011
    Location UK
    Posts 1,011
    Rep Power 31

I resent the whole 'spam-defining faction' thing, as if there's some sort of conspiracy. Some folks started coming back on this forum, or had their former bans revoked so they could come back, and saw the few active threads on the forum being buried under new threads that were basically just the contents of your email inbox. That's it. If you had some interesting news or an interesting upcoming event that you were active in organising or planning on participating in, no-one would resent you posting about it and trying to foster discussion about it. The problem comes when you just copy-paste an email without any attempt to contribute to any sort of discussion.
    Modern democracy is nothing but the freedom to preach whatever is to the advantage of the bourgeoisie - Lenin

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GiantMonkeyMan For This Useful Post:

Join Date Aug 2013
    Location Canada
    Posts 223
    Organisation
    Rep Power 0

You keep saying this is a matter of opinion, Chris. The dictionary has a definition and your behaviour very clearly corresponds to it. This is a fact, and not an opinion. The dictionary definition is indeed abstract enough to incorporate lots of behaviours. It just so happens your behaviour falls into line with spamming. If this were a debatable opinion, you'd actually debate that specific issue. Instead, you throw a bunch of sand in people's eyes and try to change the topic or focus on irrelevant side issues, because you can't debate the main issue. There is no cogent case that can be made that your behaviour doesn't fall into line with spamming. Because it clearly does. Everybody here except maybe one user, out of a user base of over a dozen users, can see that it does.

In one of the closed threads, I posted a screenshot of where Le Liberer very clearly stated you should stop posting news articles that don't come with commentary and a clear intent to discuss. Yet to this day you continue to do this, while pretending to follow the "rules" and "policies" established by your higher ups. It's all very dishonest, manipulative, and abusive.
  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bea Arthur For This Useful Post:

Join Date Jan 2005
    Location The Upside Down
    Posts 11,504
    Rep Power 195

It's not subjective because what you're doing is the objective definition of spam. Let's not forget that this all started with users basically asking you to stop spamming, and to start facilitating discussion. That's not asking much. But you haven't done that. You interjected long copy pasted newsletters into existing threads without commentary, and the upcoming events forum is a wasteland of dead threads on liberal news, copy pasted from your inbox, without any effort to update them with pertinent information.

Are you part of some online canvassing crew? Do you get paid to post adverts? Do most of the organizations you spam post for actually want to be represented on a discussion forum such as this one given the gulf of difference in praxis?
    "whatever they might make would never be the same as that world of dark streets and bright dreams"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ele'ill For This Useful Post:

Join Date Mar 2008
    Posts 15,015
    Rep Power 64

I resent the whole 'spam-defining faction' thing, as if there's some sort of conspiracy. Some folks started coming back on this forum, or had their former bans revoked so they could come back, and saw the few active threads on the forum being buried under new threads that were basically just the contents of your email inbox. That's it. If you had some interesting news or an interesting upcoming event that you were active in organising or planning on participating in, no-one would resent you posting about it and trying to foster discussion about it. The problem comes when you just copy-paste an email without any attempt to contribute to any sort of discussion.

Well, again, there's no existing board policy that says 'all news or event posts must be followed by discussion' -- plus it's a logistical impossibility since I don't have a crystal ball. There's also nothing to say that 'all news or event posts require RevLeft member affiliation-with or participation-in that news item or event'.

You keep saying this is a matter of opinion, Chris. The dictionary has a definition and your behaviour very clearly corresponds to it.

Only according to you and your faction -- likewise we could look up 'behaviorism' and I'd say that *your* behavior closely corresponds to *that* definition ('operant conditioning').

This is a fact, and not an opinion. The dictionary definition is indeed abstract enough to incorporate lots of behaviours. It just so happens your behaviour falls into line with spamming.

Well, at that point it's *politics*, and I don't agree with your application of that dictionary definition.

If this were a debatable opinion, you'd actually debate that specific issue. Instead, you throw a bunch of sand in people's eyes

Another exaggeration.

and try to change the topic or focus on irrelevant side issues, because you can't debate the main issue. There is no cogent case that can be made that your behaviour doesn't fall into line with spamming. Because it clearly does. Everybody here except maybe one user, out of a user base of over a dozen users, can see that it does.

* Or * -- it falls into line with 'newsworthiness', 'revolutionary-politics-relevance', and 'timeliness'.

In one of the closed threads, I posted a screenshot of where Le Liberer very clearly stated you should stop posting news articles that don't come with commentary and a clear intent to discuss. Yet to this day you continue to do this, while pretending to follow the "rules" and "policies" established by your higher ups. It's all very dishonest, manipulative, and abusive.

Yes, I saw that screenshot. Got a link to that post / excerpt -- ?

Your negative characterizations of me are baseless and unappreciated -- please stop, since they're unwarranted.

It's not subjective because what you're doing is the objective definition of spam.

According to your faction's groupthink opinion, that is -- it's *subjective*.

Let's not forget that this all started with users basically asking you to stop spamming, and to start facilitating discussion.

Let's recollect that I *don't agree* with your faction's applied-definition of 'spam', and I have no obligation to 'facilitate discussion', contrary to your self-righteous describing of both terms.

That's not asking much. But you haven't done that. You interjected long copy pasted newsletters into existing threads without commentary, and the upcoming events forum is a wasteland of dead threads on liberal news, copy pasted from your inbox, without any effort to update them with pertinent information.

Now you want *updates*, too -- !

x D

Are you part of some online canvassing crew? Do you get paid to post adverts? Do most of the organizations you spam post for actually want to be represented on a discussion forum such as this one given the gulf of difference in praxis?

You continue to do nothing but tread water by exaggerating the objective importance of these past, expired political / board transgressions that you accuse me of.
    Join Date Aug 2013
    Location Canada
    Posts 223
    Organisation
    Rep Power 0

Politics has nothing to do with this. It's also not our "opinion" that what you're doing is spam. We've been over this before, but let me offer you a quick refresher in the hopes that you can actually engage the substance of the point this time, instead of just characterizing it and opinionating about it.

Spam, by definition, according to the dictionary, is sending unsolicited and mass-targeted messages repeatedly to the same site or to many different addresses online. Your "news" threads are (1) unsolicited, (2) mass-targeted, and (3) posted repeatedly throughout the day, to the point where they numerically overwhelm the actual discussions on the forum. They have all the characteristics of spam. You can't contest either the definition of spam, given by dictionaries and online encylopedias like wikipedia, or the fact that your threads bare all the characteristics of spam, which is why you are now resorting to try to bully us into not talking about it at all.

Elleill has made points that are also good, above and beyond the facts above, to argue a political point, that your spam involves liberal organizations and causes rather than revolutionary ones. That is a separate question than whether what you're doing is spamming, just as are your ancillary points about whether you categorize your spam posts into separate sub-fora, or whether your spam is about politics rather than about vacuum cleaners.

In addition to violating the forum's rules on spamming, against the specific request of Le Liberer (as screenshoted in one fo the threads you closed down), you have now issued me a warning as an administrator, which is you yet again taking administrative action in a matter that centers on you. This is also against board policy. So we have you violating board policy in order to cover your ass in violating another board policy. Some fine administering there!!
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Posts 15,015
    Rep Power 64

Politics has nothing to do with this. It's also not our "opinion" that what you're doing is spam.

Yes, it *is* a subjective thing because it -- any dictionary definition -- requires sentient *interpretation* for a given specific situation (who, what, where, when, why, how), and such real-world *implementation* of a definition is thus inherently *politicized*.

History, Macro-Micro -- Political (Cognitive) Dissonance

We've been over this before, but let me offer you a quick refresher in the hopes that you can actually engage the substance of the point this time, instead of just characterizing it and opinionating about it.

Spam, by definition, according to the dictionary, is sending unsolicited and mass-targeted messages repeatedly to the same site or to many different addresses online. Your "news" threads are (1) unsolicited, (2) mass-targeted, and (3) posted repeatedly throughout the day, to the point where they numerically overwhelm the actual discussions on the forum. They have all the characteristics of spam. You can't contest either the definition of spam, given by dictionaries and online encylopedias like wikipedia, or the fact that your threads bare all the characteristics of spam, which is why you are now resorting to try to bully us into not talking about it at all.

I'm not 'bullying' anyone -- you and your faction can simply drop all of this dramatization and falsification any time you like -- I'll note that, at this point, you're living in the *past* with all of this attention to past, now-defunct issues regarding the board.

You've been the ones spamming most recently by injecting your spam-agenda into whatever threads you can find, making your posts automatically, categorically off-topic.

Elleill has made points that are also good, above and beyond the facts above, to argue a political point, that your spam involves liberal organizations and causes rather than revolutionary ones. That is a separate question than whether what you're doing is spamming, just as are your ancillary points about whether you categorize your spam posts into separate sub-fora, or whether your spam is about politics rather than about vacuum cleaners.

Yeah, I've addressed this issue at another thread:

- I don't *try* to post liberal-oriented news, but I won't *exclude* liberal news sources, either, just because any topical news article happens to derive from a liberal-oriented (or other) source of news. We revolutionaries should be knowledgeable enough to *parse* any given information to routinely discard any ideological-type emphasis and/or positioning.

---

In addition to violating the forum's rules on spamming, against the specific request of Le Liberer (as screenshoted in one fo the threads you closed down), you have now issued me a warning as an administrator, which is you yet again taking administrative action in a matter that centers on you. This is also against board policy. So we have you violating board policy in order to cover your ass in violating another board policy. Some fine administering there!!

I, of course, don't agree with your position here.

I'm not merely being egotistical, contrary to your accusation -- as Admin I'm letting you know that you can't just try to 're-open' your faction's agenda by spamming it onto new cloned threads of ones that I've closed.
    Join Date Aug 2013
    Location Canada
    Posts 223
    Organisation
    Rep Power 0

Yes, it *is* a subjective thing because it -- any dictionary definition -- requires sentient *interpretation* for a given specific situation (who, what, where, when, why, how), and such real-world *implementation* of a definition is thus inherently *politicized*.

History, Macro-Micro -- Political (Cognitive) Dissonance

I'm not 'bullying' anyone -- you and your faction can simply drop all of this dramatization and falsification any time you like -- I'll note that, at this point, you're living in the *past* with all of this attention to past, now-defunct issues regarding the board.

You've been the ones spamming most recently by injecting your spam-agenda into whatever threads you can find, making your posts automatically, categorically off-topic.

Yeah, I've addressed this issue at another thread:

---

I, of course, don't agree with your position here.

I'm not merely being egotistical, contrary to your accusation -- as Admin I'm letting you know that you can't just try to 're-open' your faction's agenda by spamming it onto new cloned threads of ones that I've closed.
    According to your warped logic, there are no such things as facts because all facts are statements about the correspondence between linguistic constructs (true statements) and an extra-linguistic outside world. They are thus all rooted in interpretation, of the meaning of words and how they relate to objects, and so by definition are only opinions.

Of course, the reality is that you don't believe any of that crap. You're just desperately flailing and trying to latch onto anything that can justify your abusive behaviour here.

Your spamming of the forum is a fact. Your violating the expressed wishes of Le Liberer regarding "news" articles and threads is also a fact. You can say you "disagree" with these facts all you want. It doesn't alter that they are facts, and you saying you disagree that they are true does not make them untrue.

Quite honestly, I don't care whether you agree or don't agree with these facts, because it's obvious at this point that you are going to do exactly what you want unless you are forced to do otherwise. Facts and reasoning for you are little playthings you try to use to deflect criticisms of you doing exactly what you want to do. They're a veneer for the underlying compulsion you have. Either you are suffering from a pretty significant disorder that precludes you from behaving reasonably in social (including online) situations. Or you are literally being paid by various groups to spam the forum.

Also, yes, it is bullying when you shut down threads established to discuss your abusive behaviour, then start issuing warnings and infractions when people are thus forced to resort to discussing your abusive behaviour in threads established for other purposes.
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Posts 15,015
    Rep Power 64

According to your warped logic, there are no such things as facts because all facts are statements about the correspondence between linguistic constructs (true statements) and an extra-linguistic outside world. They are thus all rooted in interpretation, of the meaning of words and how they relate to objects, and so by definition are only opinions.

No, this is *demonstrably* unfounded because of the diagram I included in my last post, which shows an 'Event' level of reality that is elevated (more-macro, more-objective) over any 'Material Base' (materials and/or one or several arbitrary / subjective people from the lower, less-macro, more-specific level). (I also included, *and* stated, 'who what where when why and how' as *objective descriptors* for any given event / situation.

Of course, the reality is that you don't believe any of that crap. You're just desperately flailing and trying to latch onto anything that can justify your abusive behaviour here.

No, that's not correct -- you're being dramatic.

Your spamming of the forum is a fact. Your violating the expressed wishes of Le Liberer regarding "news" articles and threads is also a fact. You can say you "disagree" with these facts all you want. It doesn't alter that they are facts, and you saying you disagree that they are true does not make them untrue.

No, you're far from being an impartial purveyor of truth.
    Join Date Aug 2013
    Location Canada
    Posts 223
    Organisation
    Rep Power 0

Nobody cares about your diagrams except you. It probably has something to do with how you're the only person who understands them.

You literally in the previous post said "Yes, it *is* a subjective thing because it -- any dictionary definition -- requires sentient *interpretation* for a given specific situation (who, what, where, when, why, how), and such real-world *implementation* of a definition is thus inherently *politicized*."

In other words, the fact that you're spamming the forum can't possibly be a fact because it involves "interpretation" via applying the definition to a real-world case. Let it sink it that your spamming is so clearly a fact that in order to try to argue otherwise, you have to construct arguments that call into question the existence of facts per se (all of which involve subjective processes of assessing the correspondence between statements and words and the outside world).

Also let it be known that not once have you countered my very specific arguments about *how* your news-spamming clearly corresponds to the definition of spam. Instead you paste silly diagrams, deny or ignore things that were earlier stated, and just generally try to sabotage and divert any discussion on the issue to make it one about secret conspiracies and hardened political factions. In fact, that we have been fixated on a semantic issue of what is or is not spam is itself the product of you trying to throw sand in people's eyes, as the real issue here is that your "news" threads don't generate discussion on a discussion forum, and therefore doesn't belong on the forum, regardless of whether it is about the same theme as the forum.

As for this discussion, I see no point in going around in circles with you. Like I stated in my previous post, you're going to do whatever you want, and the most brilliant arguments and patient explanations in the world won't get you to budge. The fact that the vast majority of the remaining userbase has told you that they want you to stop what you're doing, whether it is spam or not, also won't make you budge (this goes back to my point about your issue with social relationships). The only thing that is going to stop you is a higher-ranking admin forcing you to stop. So I'm going to construct a lengthy message for all the non-rafiq and non-ckhaihatsu admins in hopes that they will perform an intervention here and stop you from wrecking the forum any more than it has already been wrecked by shoddy administration. You've violated two rules and are probably on your way to violating even more.
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Posts 15,015
    Rep Power 64

Nobody cares about your diagrams except you. It probably has something to do with how you're the only person who understands them.

That's just unkind. I even explained its relevance in responding to your erroneous point there.

You literally in the previous post said "Yes, it *is* a subjective thing because it -- any dictionary definition -- requires sentient *interpretation* for a given specific situation (who, what, where, when, why, how), and such real-world *implementation* of a definition is thus inherently *politicized*."

In other words, the fact that you're spamming the forum can't possibly be a fact because it involves "interpretation" via applying the definition to a real-world case.

BA, I don't know what you expect to happen, but just *repeating* 'spam spam spam' doesn't change anything.

Your faction obviously has a spam-defining political agenda that's a non-starter.

Really, *who* are you even talking to -- ? You all should just rent out space, bring in chairs, and go around-and-around with your petty opinionated critiques among yourselves so that you can at least guarantee yourselves an audience.

Let it sink it that your spamming is so clearly a fact that in order to try to argue otherwise, you have to construct arguments that call into question the existence of facts per se (all of which involve subjective processes of assessing the correspondence between statements and words and the outside world). Also let it be known that not once have you countered my very specific arguments about *how* your news-spamming clearly corresponds to the definition of spam. Instead you paste silly diagrams, deny or ignore things that were earlier stated, and just generally try to sabotage and divert any discussion on the issue to make it one about secret conspiracies and hardened political factions.

As usual you're just smearing around my arguments and re-asserting your own spam-dogma in the hopes that it will stick -- to a nearby wall, presumably.

I've never used the term 'conspiracy' in regards to your groupthink faction, but if you find that to be more accurately descriptive, go right ahead and use it.

As for this discussion, I see no point in going around in circles with you. Like I stated in my previous post, you're going to do whatever you want, and the most brilliant arguments and patient explanations in the world won't get you to budge.

'Brilliant arguments' -- !

Funny!

The fact that the vast majority of the remaining userbase has told you that they want you to stop what you're doing, whether it is spam or not, also won't make you budge (this goes back to my point about your issue with social relationships).

Psychologizing again when this is clearly all about 'spam' policy. You know better.

The only thing that is going to stop you is a higher-ranking admin forcing you to stop. So I'm going to construct a lengthy message for all the non-rafiq and non-ckhaihatsu admins in hopes that they will perform an intervention here and stop you from wrecking the forum any more than it has already been wrecked by shoddy administration. You've violated two rules and are probably on your way to violating even more.

Do what you gotta do, broheem.
    Join Date Aug 2013
    Location Canada
    Posts 223
    Organisation
    Rep Power 0

The above post is a classic CKaihatsu diversion. You see little snippets of text he generated beneath quoted portions of my text, but it doesn't actually say anything substantive. Nobody here is "repeating spam spam spam" (as he suggests). We're saying that, as his threads don't generate discussion on a discussion forum, they don't belong on the forum. Ckaihatsu can't argue against this point, so he tries to make it about anything else but that: silly graphics nobody understands, dictionary definitions, psychologizing, his supposedly being "smeared," other people treating him unkindly, and the list goes on and on.

Stuff that doesn't contribute to discussion doesn't belong on the forum. This is a rule. Your "news" threads don't generate or contribute to discussion. They therefore, as a rule, do not belong on the forum.
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Posts 15,015
    Rep Power 64

The above post is a classic CKaihatsu diversion.

'Diversion' -- ? From what issue -- ? That your spam faction just wants to spam your spam-dogma-agenda anywhere you'd like to at RevLeft -- ?

You see little snippets of text he generated beneath quoted portions of my text, but it doesn't actually say anything substantive. Nobody here is "repeating spam spam spam" (as he suggests).

Yeah, that's the whole theme of your spam faction's activity here -- to claim spam when there is none.

We're saying that, as his threads don't generate discussion on a discussion forum, they don't belong on the forum.

So you admit to having a discussion fetish, even when such doesn't make sense because news isn't automatically discussion.

Ckaihatsu can't argue against this point,

Just did.

so he tries to make it about anything else but that: silly graphics nobody understands, dictionary definitions, psychologizing, his supposedly being "smeared," other people treating him unkindly, and the list goes on and on.

All of these accusations more accurately apply to you and your groupthink faction.

Stuff that doesn't contribute to discussion doesn't belong on the forum. This is a rule. Your "news" threads don't generate or contribute to discussion. They therefore, as a rule, do not belong on the forum.

This has already been addressed with revised policy, as you already know. You're beating a dead horse.
    Join Date Aug 2013
    Location Canada
    Posts 223
    Organisation
    Rep Power 0

Note that he's still not even bother trying to address the main issue. Why does something that has provably not and won't contribute to discussion belong on a discussion forum? He has no reply, which is why he only brings up these tangential issues.
  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bea Arthur For This Useful Post:

Join Date Jan 2005
    Location The Upside Down
    Posts 11,504
    Rep Power 195

Well, again, there's no existing board policy that says 'all news or event posts must be followed by discussion' --
    Yeah there is actually, as was pointed out in I believe the Ckaihatsu spamming thread that you closed which is against board policy.

Let's recollect that I *don't agree* with your faction's applied-definition of 'spam'
    out of morbid curiosity, what is your definition of spam

and I have no obligation to 'facilitate discussion', contrary to your self-righteous describing of both terms.
    You're an admin of a discussion forum

Now you want *updates*, too -- !

x D
    It would be better for you to post news relevant to the forum and then update it if you feel it's still relevant and/which will harbor discussion. This is pretty easy to figure out.

Originally Posted by Ele'ill
    Originally Posted by ckaihatsu
    You continue to do nothing but tread water by exaggerating the objective importance of these past, expired political / board transgressions that you accuse me of.
    Just for perspective, I'd like you to read my post, and then read yours, and explain how your post is a reply to it. Alternatively could you navigate to the upcoming events forum and explain how you're using the words 'exaggerating' and 'past/expired' and how it's an accusation instead of just blatantly obvious.
    Last edited by Ele'ill; 10th October 2017 at 22:16.

Join Date Jan 2005
    Location The Upside Down
    Posts 11,504
    Rep Power 195

So here's the run down of events, Ckaihatsu/Chris closed a thread in technical support, the ckaihatsu spamming thread, that was established by quite a number of users to record his abusive and disruptive behavior so that when admins came back online action could be taken, and he has then opened another thread of his own accusing others of being the actual spammers and declaring his thread the only true thread to discuss these topics in, and infracted at least 2 users for making another ckaihatsu spamming thread, to continue recording the abusive behavior.

As an admin by board policy chris doesn't get to engage in admin actions against users who they are in a discussion/dispute with. Why was the ckaihatsu spamming thread closed? It didn't need to be closed.

Ckaihatsu/Chris should be removed from admin period

Join Date Mar 2008
    Posts 15,015
    Rep Power 64

So here's the run down of events, Ckaihatsu/Chris closed a thread in technical support, the ckaihatsu spamming thread, that was established by quite a number of users

This part should read: '...used by the members of the groupthink faction.'

to record his abusive and disruptive behavior

The thread is still there -- you can visit it to see early repetitions of your faction's contrived claims against me.

so that when admins came back online action could be taken, and he has then opened another thread of his own accusing others of being the actual spammers and declaring his thread the only true thread to discuss these topics in, and infracted at least 2 users for making another ckaihatsu spamming thread, to continue recording the abusive behavior.

Yes, and this is appropriate action on my part -- all your faction has done is to act dictatorially, as if your groupthink say-so is definitive and determining. (It's not.)

As an admin by board policy chris doesn't get to engage in admin actions against users who they are in a discussion/dispute with. Why was the ckaihatsu spamming thread closed? It didn't need to be closed.

Yes, it *did* need to be closed -- it was both incorrect, and then also topically *irrelevant* to current board conditions.