Capitalist Temptations | Wanna get rid of those stupid ads? Us too! Help us to be non-dependent from corporate money again and sign up for a monthly donation now!

Thread: If capitalists call us leftists "commies", why don't we call them capies?

Join Date Jun 2016
    Location Lebanon
    Posts 68
    Organisation
    You Stink Campaign
    Rep Power 2

Default If capitalists call us leftists "commies", why don't we call them capies?

I don't think using the word "bourgeoisie" is negative, same for "capitalist dog"
    Join Date Aug 2017
    Posts 1
    Rep Power 0

i prefer capitalist pig and communist dog. xD sounds better to me, capies has a ring to it though
    Join Date Jan 2013
    Posts 2,705
    Organisation
    Unaffiliated
    Rep Power 49

They're the only true victims of the apocalypse, that's enough for me.

"I don't need to read Stirner or Perlman to critique them."
    Join Date Dec 2003
    Location Oakland, California
    Posts 7,993
    Rep Power 161

I don't interact with capitalists enough for a personal insult to do much good. Besides, things become insults through connotation or allusion. Actual capitalists and the more common and numerous capitalist apologists would be fine being called capies.

We can make "capitalist" itself a dirty word and concept by organizing and helping build class consciousness. When class consciousness is high, capitalist itself becomes an epitaph.
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Location traveling (U.S.)
    Posts 14,544
    Rep Power 62

I don't interact with capitalists enough for a personal insult to do much good. Besides, things become insults through connotation or allusion. Actual capitalists and the more common and numerous capitalist apologists would be fine being called capies.

We can make "capitalist" itself a dirty word and concept by organizing and helping build class consciousness. When class consciousness is high, capitalist itself becomes an epitaph.

'Epithet'. You're welcome.
    Join Date Oct 2011
    Location UK
    Posts 946
    Rep Power 28

'Epithet'. You're welcome.
    It will become a word used to remember a dead society. So 'epitaph' is the correct word. :P
    Modern democracy is nothing but the freedom to preach whatever is to the advantage of the bourgeoisie - Lenin

Join Date Mar 2008
    Location traveling (U.S.)
    Posts 14,544
    Rep Power 62

It will become a word used to remember a dead society. So 'epitaph' is the correct word. :P

Yeah -- I'm going to blame the coffee for this one. Apologies.
    Join Date Oct 2014
    Location USA unfortunately
    Posts 275
    Rep Power 4

If you're talking about actual capitalists, well, they're too small a group to deserve a nickname.

As for people who support capitalism, it's called "Stockholm syndrome".