Thread: What's On Your Mind XVII

Join Date Oct 2017
    Posts 10
    Rep Power 0

lol that sucks but is really funny too
    Meh, it's not that big of a deal, not sure why I'm wasting my time here anyways. I suppose maybe because I'm bored and hung over.

But seriously, how did Chris (never learnt how to spell his user name) become like the only admin here? Did they really just hand the keys to this place over to the guy no one ever took seriously due to his ridiculous and incomprehensible graphs, his blatant reformist politics, and who constantly spammed the forum with walls of text? I read through an old thread where sentinel said they're going to "make revleft great again" (lol) and their big master plan for that was to leave it in charge of Chris? Lol.

I read through a bit of his spamming thread this afternoon (I had to bail out at some point) and his behaviour is pretty concerning in the sense it's pretty clear no well-adjusted person acts that way.

But yo, Ele'ill (Mari3l right?) you should check out the post-leftist sub over on reddit. The format kind of sucks, I miss a forum layout, but there's sometimes some interesting discussion there.
    Join Date Aug 2013
    Location Canada
    Posts 223
    Organisation
    Ontario Coalition Against Poverty
    Rep Power 0

I wonder if the "comprehensive board policy" about Ckhaihatsu's spamming is actually being formulated by the "board administration" or literally just him and Rafiq, since they are the only two admins who log on. Whatever the case, if this new "policy" (or probably more appropriately, ckhaihatsu and rafiq trying to speak policy into existence behind the backs of the rest of the admin team) continues to permit him to spam (and I am guessing it will), I've got no interest in continuing to try to participate here.
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Location traveling (U.S.)
    Posts 14,963
    Rep Power 63

I wonder if the "comprehensive board policy" about Ckhaihatsu's spamming is actually being formulated by the "board administration" or literally just him and Rafiq, since they are the only two admins who log on. Whatever the case, if this new "policy" (or probably more appropriately, ckhaihatsu and rafiq trying to speak policy into existence behind the backs of the rest of the admin team) continues to permit him to spam (and I am guessing it will), I've got no interest in continuing to try to participate here.

Your inclinations and factional dogma aside, I can confirm that Rafiq and I are discussing things at a preliminary stage.

I'm pushing in the direction of a 'draft policy proposal' as a next-step, myself. We'll see....

I'll let this thread stay, as much as I won't like it, in the interests of leaving a general line of communication open. Please don't start any factional tirades -- thank you.
    Join Date Jan 2013
    Posts 2,880
    Organisation
    The lol people
    Rep Power 49

TBH I think rafiq has been doing a pretty good job as admins go (other than I wish he'd deal with the ckaihatsu issue). However, ckaihatsu on the other hand? He's been a consistent problem with his spamming to his abusiveness since he's been an admin.
    "I'm not interested in indulging whims from members of your faction."
    Seeing as this is seen as acceptable by an admin, from here on out when I have a disagreement with someone I will be asking them to reference this. If you want an explanation of my views, too bad.
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Location traveling (U.S.)
    Posts 14,963
    Rep Power 63

TBH I think rafiq has been doing a pretty good job as admins go (other than I wish he'd deal with the ckaihatsu issue). However, ckaihatsu on the other hand? He's been a consistent problem with his spamming to his abusiveness since he's been an admin.

Yeah, see -- this is exactly what I was talking about.

Instead of shutting down the thread, though, I'll just continue with the infractions so that you get the message.

Infraction issued for spamming

You're receiving an infraction for spamming a thread with your faction's dogmatic rhetoric.
    Join Date Jan 2013
    Posts 2,880
    Organisation
    The lol people
    Rep Power 49

Lol, dude, it's what's on my mind in response to bea arthur's post. It's topical and relevant to the thread, as you would say, so accoding to your previous defense of your spam, it's not spam.
    Seeing as this is seen as acceptable by an admin, from here on out when I have a disagreement with someone I will be asking them to reference this. If you want an explanation of my views, too bad.
    Join Date Jan 2005
    Location The Upside Down
    Posts 11,488
    Rep Power 195

Yeah, see -- this is exactly what I was talking about.

Instead of shutting down the thread, though, I'll just continue with the infractions so that you get the message.

Infraction issued for spamming

You're receiving an infraction for spamming a thread with your faction's dogmatic rhetoric.

This is completely ridiculous.
    "whatever they might make would never be the same as that world of dark streets and bright dreams"

http://youtu.be/g-PwIDYbDqI
    Join Date Aug 2013
    Location Canada
    Posts 223
    Organisation
    Ontario Coalition Against Poverty
    Rep Power 0

Quite funny. Somebody says what's on his mind in a thread titled "What's on your mind" and ckaihatsu jumps in to label it spam. Then accuses others of engaging in tirades. The only tirades I see are your repeating the same stock accusations about "spamming" in literally every single thread where somebody criticizes multiple aspects of your behaviour.

This all has the makings of one of those classic sitcom formulas. You know the one I'm talking about. The parents leave a sibling in charge while they're out to dinner, thinking the sibling is best able to make judicious decisions and take care of the others. Instead, he gradually gets more confidence as he realizes nobody is there to check his ordering his other brothers around. By the end, he has gone completely off the rails and behaved in such an extreme manner that his brothers now despise him. Then the parents come home, the other siblings explain what happened, and the bossy brat gets grounded for eons and has all sorts of privileges taken away.

The only difference is that this situation isn't funny, and the only question is, when are mom and dad going to pop back into the forum from their extended vacation?

One or two isolated admins don't get formulate new policies on behalf of the entire forum, the entire admin team, or override longstanding rules established by higher ups and long-standing practice. Especially if the two admins in question were able to sneak into their positions very recently as a result of revleft being at a highly vulnerable place.

My advice to you two new pseudo-admins is to tread very lightly.
    Join Date Jul 2014
    Location USA
    Posts 473
    Rep Power 13

how the fuck do people go to school and work at the same time
    Sous les paves, la merde!
    Join Date Jan 2013
    Posts 2,880
    Organisation
    The lol people
    Rep Power 49

how the fuck do people go to school and work at the same time
    Find yourself richer parents
    Join Date Jan 2013
    Posts 2,880
    Organisation
    The lol people
    Rep Power 49

On my lunch right now. We have a manager in training who doesn't know ANY aspect of the job. Today she has tried bullshitting me twice. First, she asked me to do something before I went on my ten and I got it done, and went on my ten. Then, when I got back she told me that I need to do what I'm told before I go on my break, and claimed she told me to do something completely different. I immediately called that out and it became an ordeal, and then the real manager stepped in and asked what the fuck was going on. The trainee tried telling the manager the lie, and I once again explained that no, that's not how it went down. I'm known for (almost to an obnoxious point) asking clarifying questions when told to do something, so the manager knew I was telling the truth.

Second, the trainee took a ten minute break that lasted half an hour and came back with some bukkshit story about why she was gone so long, which ended up putting me behind really far tonight. It's like this company orders bullshit in bulk just to hurl it at us as hard as possible, no matter how much it harms their profit margins.
    Join Date Nov 2017
    Location United States
    Posts 0
    Rep Power 0

Dang, some people though!

What I want to know is why the hell she was hired if she CLEARLY has no idea what she is doing!
    Join Date Jan 2013
    Posts 2,880
    Organisation
    The lol people
    Rep Power 49

Dang, some people though!

What I want to know is why the hell she was hired if she CLEARLY has no idea what she is doing!
    Seriously. It doesn't help that she's started touching me an awful lot. It used to just be a hand on the shoulder which I brought was weird but I decide not to worry about it, but recently she's started doing shit like touching my lower back when she comes up beside me and shit like that. The other day (last time we worked together, night after my last post) she touched my butt in a way that seemed accidental but given the other shit I wasn't sure if it was. Next time she touches me at all for any reason I'm gonna say something, just asking her to mind my personal space and shit.
    Join Date Oct 2011
    Location UK
    Posts 1,001
    Rep Power 31

Just realised I have over a thousand posts....
    Modern democracy is nothing but the freedom to preach whatever is to the advantage of the bourgeoisie - Lenin

Join Date Jan 2013
    Posts 2,880
    Organisation
    The lol people
    Rep Power 49

Lol, wait til you're at nearly 3k... Then again I think some users her have well above 10k
    Join Date Oct 2011
    Location UK
    Posts 1,001
    Rep Power 31

I was walking to work today and I was thinking to myself "wouldn't it be fantastic if it was a quiet night?". It wasn't.
    Modern democracy is nothing but the freedom to preach whatever is to the advantage of the bourgeoisie - Lenin

Join Date Dec 2003
    Location Oakland, California
    Posts 8,008
    Rep Power 162

I was walking to work today and I was thinking to myself "wouldn't it be fantastic if it was a quiet night?". It wasn't.
    Do you work an overnight shift? I did that for a few years and it took a toll on my health but it was nice never having to interact with my managers. That shift was when the majority of my revlefting happened.
    Join Date Jan 2005
    Location The Upside Down
    Posts 11,488
    Rep Power 195

it was a pretty great winter sunset tonight, autumn is barely holding on
    "whatever they might make would never be the same as that world of dark streets and bright dreams"

http://youtu.be/g-PwIDYbDqI
    Join Date Jan 2013
    Posts 2,880
    Organisation
    The lol people
    Rep Power 49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tocuSKk6UUY

Pls use the dialectic to criticize this