Capitalist Temptations | Wanna get rid of those stupid ads? Us too! Help us to be non-dependent from corporate money again and sign up for a monthly donation now!

Thread: Strange coincidence

Join Date Oct 2007
    Location Serbia
    Posts 1,721
    Organisation
    AFANS
    Rep Power 30

Default Strange coincidence

If this is more than just a pure coincidence, it seems that protests in Egypt are being controlled by the CIA. This is a symbol largely used in the protests against Mubarak:

...while this is a symbol of the CIA-funded movement called Otpor (Resistance) in Serbia. The movement existed for a brief time when Milosevic' regime was collapsing and were the major movement in the protests against Milosevic.

The movement received an MTV award called "Free your mind" and also were involved in organized the protests in Ukraine, which gave them international character. The members of this CIA-funded movement actually flew from Serbia to Ukraine, organizing a protest which later became "Orange revolution".
    The "revolution" was taken to another country after their success in Serbia and Ukraine to Georgia, where they "instructed" students in the organization called "Kmara!".
    After that success, they made another international appearance in Kyrgyzstan, where they created, instructed and funded the movement called "KelKel".

Now they appeared in Egypt. Notice that all "revolutions" they were involved in made way for people who are very fond of America to come to power. So it might be that the uprising is nothing more than a change in power, with another US candidate being selected for the Egyptian presidential chair.

Here is a good article that makes sense of the CIA's way to overthrow governments.

Also, here is a list of all countries and movements that these agents made their way in:

Like the situation when Milosevic was strip from his powers, this is a PEOPLE's uprising. Nobody is trying to question that. But it seems that CIA's hands are deep into this situation as well.
  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bandito For This Useful Post:

Join Date Jan 2011
    Location The Netherlands
    Posts 8,045
    Rep Power 0

That is strange indeed.

I wouldn't be surprised if the CIA is micro managing. This may seem strange at first given the position of the US government. But the CIA usually has their own agenda. Basically a logical reasoning behind this from the CIA perspective is undermining the policy to reduce troops and funding for the wars against terror by creating a new hot spot.
    Join Date Dec 2003
    Location Oakland, California
    Posts 7,974
    Rep Power 161

Now they appeared in Egypt. Notice that all "revolutions" they were involved in made way for people who are very fond of America to come to power. So it might be that the uprising is nothing more than a change in power, with another US candidate being selected for the Egyptian presidential chair.
    I don't think a shaking of the Egyptian regime is at all in the US's interests. Yes, having influence among the democratic national forces if this protest movement does topple the regime is in their interests and no doubt the US is making maneuvers in case that happens. But short of that, the US will most likely do all it can to preserve the status quo in Egypt.

With the ongoing economic shocks to the economy: a need to push austerity and prevent uprisings due to food price fluctuations and generally ram a broken neo-liberal system even further onto the people of the world, increased imperialist competition, the last thing the US wants are examples of people effectively resisting these conditions. I think the tendency for the US will be to increasingly rely on dictators and strong-men that can effectively repress the population.
  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmie Higgins For This Useful Post:

Join Date Jan 2011
    Location The Netherlands
    Posts 8,045
    Rep Power 0

Well....if you look at the stock markets....they are plumething. Making Egytian assets cheaper than ever. Ample opportunity for traders who want to take risks.
    Join Date Nov 2005
    Location Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts 8,659
    Organisation
    Revolution/IMT, Vänsterpartiet (Left Party, Sweden)
    Rep Power 80

Like the situation when Milosevic was strip from his powers, this is a PEOPLE's uprising. Nobody is trying to question that. But it seems that CIA's hands are deep into this situation as well.
    Indeed, if not a coincidence this mainly seems to indicate that the CIA is actively trying to infiltrate/take over the movement -- I guess it would be surprising if they didn't do that --- rather than them being behind it from the start.

This sounds like a professional group of some kind, sent by the CIA to whereever there is a revolution in order to hijack it and steer it to the right. But I won't say any more now, before I hear more. These are just my spontaneous thoughts.
    I am a communist, love from top to toe. Love to the child that is born, love to the progressing light. -- Nazim Hikmet
    Farewell comrade Edward Clark, aka redstar2000 (1942-2011). RevLeft will never forget you.

Support
    RevLeft -
    Donate Now!
  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sentinel For This Useful Post:

Join Date Jan 2011
    Location St Andrews / Edinburgh
    Posts 874
    Organisation
    CWI
    Rep Power 17

Some outlandish theories forced forward by the use of a raised fist symbol - amongst the most common in workers' movements.
  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommy4ever For This Useful Post:

Join Date Jul 2008
    Location quebec,canada
    Posts 5,570
    Rep Power 43

this kind of symbol is easy to find over the internet.

i know folks who can create label out of internet pictures and then iron it on big piece of cloth.
    WHY kléber, WHY!!!!!!!
    Let the dead bury the dead. Committed User
    Forum Moderator
    Join Date Aug 2008
    Location Terra Incognita
    Posts 5,073
    Organisation
    Bolshevik Penpals Society
    Rep Power 77

Even if that were the case, conspiracies like these actually do not control the world but tend to fail. Only who remembers failed conspiracies? The power of the masses is greater.
    "I want to say sweet, silly things." - V.I Lenin
  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Crux For This Useful Post:

Join Date Oct 2007
    Location Serbia
    Posts 1,721
    Organisation
    AFANS
    Rep Power 30

Even if that were the case, conspiracies like these actually do not control the world but tend to fail. Only who remembers failed conspiracies? The power of the masses is greater.
    This is not a conspiracy theory, but a proven fact. When I was a teenager I used to put stickers and banners of that movement all around my city in 2000. myself and actually believed that they were for real. Note all countries that they were involved in. Literally all of them were "successful" and in literally every single one a clique close to US came to power. And the fact that they are funded, founded and kept working by the Central Intelligence Agency is no secret, or a conspiracy. They spoke about it openly.
  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bandito For This Useful Post:

Join Date Nov 2008
    Location Norfolk, England
    Posts 3,128
    Organisation
    Peoples' Front of Judea (Marxist-Leninist)
    Rep Power 72

is this a joke ?
    Its a raised fist symbol, they occur at protests.
    COMMUNISM !

Formerly zenga zenga !
  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scarletghoul For This Useful Post:

Join Date Nov 2008
    Posts 3,750
    Organisation
    The Party
    Rep Power 0

Some outlandish theories forced forward by the use of a raised fist symbol - amongst the most common in workers' movements.
    I think it's clear that you are a CIA agent.
  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZeroNowhere For This Useful Post:

Join Date Apr 2005
    Location In Partibus Infidelium
    Posts 4,829
    Organisation
    Workers Party in America
    Rep Power 0

I doubt the CIA is in the working-class neighborhoods of Cairo and Alexandria, organizing popular committees, armed workers' self-defense, worker-to-worker public services (sanitation, food distributions, etc.) and, in a growing number of shops and factories, workers' control of production. Let Egypt's scared petty bourgeois wave their little flags and kiss the cops. Egypt's workers are still leading the way.
  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin Blank For This Useful Post:

Join Date Jul 2010
    Location Germany
    Posts 2,604
    Organisation
    autonomous
    Rep Power 0

This is not a conspiracy theory, but a proven fact. When I was a teenager I used to put stickers and banners of that movement all around my city in 2000. myself and actually believed that they were for real. Note all countries that they were involved in. Literally all of them were "successful" and in literally every single one a clique close to US came to power. And the fact that they are funded, founded and kept working by the Central Intelligence Agency is no secret, or a conspiracy. They spoke about it openly.
    That's no proof for the CIA being in Egypt though.

Fuck I've seen that symbol so many times in my life, I guess the German left is really the CIA.
    Join Date Oct 2007
    Location Serbia
    Posts 1,721
    Organisation
    AFANS
    Rep Power 30

Again.
    These are the symbols of organizations who were founded, led, instructed and financially helped by the members of Otpor.

They are exactly the same, and that is not some coincidence, but a signature, which they not only don't hide, but are proud of. They received an MTV award for spreading such "democracy" in Serbia and continued to work around the planet

And it's a very distinct sign, and not just some random raised fist.
  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Bandito For This Useful Post:

Join Date Nov 2009
    Location Rust Belt Republic
    Posts 2,567
    Organisation
    APL sympathizer
    Rep Power 0

It does look like the exact same symbol. Not just any fist.
  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Nolan For This Useful Post:

Join Date Oct 2007
    Location Serbia
    Posts 1,721
    Organisation
    AFANS
    Rep Power 30

I think Sentinel captured the essence of what's going on.

Indeed, if not a coincidence this mainly seems to indicate that the CIA is actively trying to infiltrate/take over the movement -- I guess it would be surprising if they didn't do that --- rather than them being behind it from the start.

This sounds like a professional group of some kind, sent by the CIA to whereever there is a revolution in order to hijack it and steer it to the right. But I won't say any more now, before I hear more. These are just my spontaneous thoughts.
  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Bandito For This Useful Post:

Join Date Sep 2009
    Location Hater of the Year Awards
    Posts 1,247
    Organisation
    Justice League
    Rep Power 0

What people consider to be conspiracy theories is pretty relative. I tell people that bankers and capitalists control the world, they call me a conspiracy theorist, I tell people Israel's agenda is to wipe out as many Palestinians as they can, they call me a conspiracy theorist. That the CIA organises civil unrest in countries all over the world is far from a theory, it's just true. I'm not saying the Egypt protests have anything to do with the CIA...but I'm not saying they don't. I haven't really had time to follow the story close enough to make any judgements.
    That's no proof for the CIA being in Egypt though.
    The CIA are in every country.
  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spawn of Stalin For This Useful Post:

Join Date Jul 2008
    Location quebec,canada
    Posts 5,570
    Rep Power 43

just like your wiki article said:
    n addition to greatly contributing to Slobodan Milošević's overthrow, Otpor has become the model for similar youth movements around Eastern Europe.[4] For this Otpor members have been called "revolution exporters".

this is not really surprising that their tactics and symbolics are endlessly copied by many group of people worldwide.
    WHY kléber, WHY!!!!!!!
    Join Date Jan 2011
    Location The Netherlands
    Posts 8,045
    Rep Power 0
    Join Date Sep 2010
    Location Southwest Florida
    Posts 1,666
    Organisation
    ICC & PBJ sympathizer
    Rep Power 31

I find it a bit weird and amusing how all the CIA-led movements have the same symbol, that's some Illuminati conspiracy shit.
    fka xx1994xx