where is everyone?

1. Alf
    Alf
    Why is this forum so quiet at the moment? Did people change their mind about being interested in left communism?
  2. Hyacinth
    Hyacinth
    None of the revleft group forums tend to be very active, don't take the lack of activity as a sign of disinterest in left communism.
  3. Devrim
    Devrim
    Yeah, they changed the lay out page on RevLeft, and most of the group forums died off a bit.

Any ideas about reviving it?

Devrim
  4. Alf
    Alf
    Well, first we need to know who's still following this and still wants to have it as a specific forum. My feeling about Revleft in general is that the leftist (ie, for us, left of capital) element is rather dominant and that people interested in left communism would tend to look elsewhere; but then I don't have time to follow Revleft very closely. I would certainly participate more if this group revived.
  5. Die Neue Zeit
    Die Neue Zeit
    ^^^ Uh, I tried giving you guys a try with my Bordiga and demarchy stuff. I then had to hunt you down at LibCom to post another Bordiga thread (i.e., on the international party). That didn't get much of a response, either.

So, what ended up as the final section of my work-in-progress was brief:

http://www.revleft.com/vb/road-power...963/index.html

6. black magick hustla
    black magick hustla
    Well, first we need to know who's still following this and still wants to have it as a specific forum. My feeling about Revleft in general is that the leftist (ie, for us, left of capital) element is rather dominant and that people interested in left communism would tend to look elsewhere; but then I don't have time to follow Revleft very closely. I would certainly participate more if this group revived.
    well libcom is also pretty leftist. the difference is that libcom has anarchist leftists and a lot of modernists. i dont like libcom because i get the feeling there is no much discussion going on.

anyway, i think the main problem is that there are too many groups. i also think a lot of the active people in the left communist forum agree too much on issues - compared to the myriad of trotskyst and anarchist tendencies. i dont think this is in practice bad but for this forum it is.
  7. Devrim
    Devrim
    well libcom is also pretty leftist. the difference is that libcom has anarchist leftists and a lot of modernists. i dont like libcom because i get the feeling there is no much discussion going on.
    I think it used to be better. There hasn't been as much good discussion there recently.

Devrim