NET flag competition

1. Dimentio
    You are all welcome to join this contest.

Link

2. ÑóẊîöʼn
    ÑóẊîöʼn
    Well, here's my preliminary submission:

Critiques welcome.
  3. RedAnarchist
    RedAnarchist
    How about this?

4. Dr Mindbender
    how do the mainstream NET membership feel regarding communist and anarchist style iconography?
  5. Sentinel
    Sentinel
    how do the mainstream NET membership feel regarding communist and anarchist style iconography?
    They quite likely would not approve of it.
  6. Dr Mindbender
    are most NET technocrats pro capitalist?

the thought of capitalist technocracy sounds absolutely abominable. If this is the case, i may have to keep my own theories unpolluted from the NET mainstream.
  7. Dimentio

the thought of capitalist technocracy sounds absolutely abominable. If this is the case, i may have to keep my own theories unpolluted from the NET mainstream.
    No, they aren't pro-capitalist.

We are about the abolition of capitalism.

Energy accounting in itself could not degenerate into capitalism.
  8. Dimentio
    Haven't seen any complaints about the ACT.

Andrew quite openly acknowledges that NET;s ideas got some similarities with anarchism in a recent lecture.
  9. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt

It's not that they're pro-capitalist, technocracy is clearly an anti-capitalist goal. However a lot of the membership are bourgeois in their outlook and, often, class.
  10. Dimentio
    It's not that they're pro-capitalist, technocracy is clearly an anti-capitalist goal. However a lot of the membership are bourgeois in their outlook and, often, class.
    I would not call Andrew for example, for bourgeois. Most Swedish workers earn more money than him, and he has been an engineer for Ericsson.

The thing with NET is that we are not a political organisation, but a meta-political organisation. Much like the Frankfurt Institute for example.

Like the Frankfurt Institute, we (generally) think that the economic and social transformation of society must begin to affect it before the political transformation.

NET does its best service right now, and has never aspired to be a political party or destroy established groups. Rather, we would gladly cooperate with them.