Energy accounting, incentives, and required jobs

1. Schrödinger's Cat
    [FONT=Arial]I'm interested in talking about the implication of personalized energy accounting. Assuming labor correlates to your ability to use energy credits (which is a pretty solid conclusion, I assume), what would determine the appropriate labor one needs to do? For example, someone could claim their job is just sitting around and watching television. Another person could claim he's working on a new toy at home. How do you foresee these two different people going forward in relation to their consumption abilities? [/FONT]
  2. Cult of Reason
    Cult of Reason
    Assuming labor correlates to your ability to use energy credits (which is a pretty solid conclusion, I assume)
    In the orthodox Technocratic conception of Energy Accounting, that is not the case. You take an abundant system, i.e. one that has an abundant supply of energy at low entropy (such as electricity), and divide the productive capacity in terms of energy by the population to give the extent of personal energy credits. In practice, the result is distribution according to need as in Communism.

As for the resolution of the free rider problem, IIRC it relies mostly upon social disapproval to ensure people pull their weight, so that everyone has copious free time rather than a few.

Here is an unofficial FAQ on orthodox Technocracy, which might answer your questions better than I:

http://www.technocracy.ca/simp/Techn...Q_1.x.htm#6.44
  3. Dimentio
    This is the issue most frequently discussed within NET. I think the main problem is that we do not fully understand how human incentives work. What we need to do is to contact incentives not with consumption but with other things concerning the work place, for example making each and every task personal, not only administrational.

Andrew recently published an article about that.
  4. Schrödinger's Cat
    [FONT=Arial]Since I don't believe in polluting forums with my threads:

- How again would energy accounting work for services? Assuming it's not readily automated.

- How is technocracy superior for innovations? I realize it is very functional in terms of tracking.
    [/FONT]