Defining ACT

1. Kami
    Kami
    Not many people seem certain about Anarcho-Technocracy or Anarchist Communist Technocracy. Perhaps we could be kind and put together a wiki article on this? It'd probably have to be on Anarchopedia rather than wikipedia *cough*thatbastardskip*cough* though.
  2. Dimentio
    Not many people seem certain about Anarcho-Technocracy or Anarchist Communist Technocracy. Perhaps we could be kind and put together a wiki article on this? It'd probably have to be on Anarchopedia rather than wikipedia *cough*thatbastardskip*cough* though.
    Great idea.
  3. Sentinel
    Sentinel
    Good idea.

Interesting fact about skip, he seems to be an annoying person with a giant ego and trolled when he was here, but I actually agree with him on religion -- which was his main schism with NEt if I understood it correctly. Ie, I also think that the postcapitalist society shouldn't support religious organisations, buildings etc.
  4. Kami
    Kami
    Interesting fact about skip, he seems to be an annoying person with a giant ego and trolled when he was here, but I actually agree with him on religion -- which was his main schism with NEt if I understood it correctly. Ie, I also think that the postcapitalist society shouldn't support religious organisations, buildings etc.
    I doubt anyone in the HPG would disagree with that (though buildings might be a point of contention, there's some mighty fine architecture there)
  5. Dimentio
    The issue with religion was based on a misunderstanding in the TTCD. Skip wrongfully accused NET of supporting the TTCD, and continues to do so - probably because he dislikes competition.

As for religion, I do not believe that a technate is responsible for enforcing or deforcing beliefs on anyone. The technate should be a neutral tool for the interests of the people. Ideological persuasions and tendencies, no matter which they are, must be carried out outside of the sphere of the technate, so that we don't dillute its purpose.
  6. Sentinel
    Sentinel
    I see your point, but I do also think that the technate should be ultimately subject to the councils/unions/guilds directing social issues. Thus, if a democratic decision to ban religious buildings and orgs is reached, it should have to comply.