Symbol of HPG

1. Cult of Reason
    Cult of Reason
    I should also note that the order of the coulours in the ACT flag does matter, since they correspond to the order in the name (Anarchist Communist Technocracy) and also to the hypothetical order for the progression of society: rough and ready Anarchy (Black) as the system during the revolution itself (which would probably be Communistic anyway, but probably with rationing initially while things are being reorganised and/or a war is being fought); then an integrated (large scale), coordinated Communism (Red); and then, finally, a Technate, which depends on Communism already being in place. Technocracy dependent upon Communism dependent upon Anarchy.
  2. Dystisis
    I should also note that the order of the coulours in the ACT flag does matter, since they correspond to the order in the name (Anarchist Communist Technocracy) and also to the hypothetical order for the progression of society: rough and ready Anarchy (Black) as the system during the revolution itself (which would probably be Communistic anyway, but probably with rationing initially while things are being reorganised and/or a war is being fought); then an integrated (large scale), coordinated Communism (Red); and then, finally, a Technate, which depends on Communism already being in place. Technocracy dependent upon Communism dependent upon Anarchy.
    Well, in my opinion communism will likely come first (as a result of technological development of the means of production). This will lead to even more advanced usage and development of technology, and society will become "technocratic". Only after this period will we likely reach a state of complete anarchism, as the mechanisms in place will allow for complete absence of rulership (and everyone will likely reach an improved state of existance in the form of transhumanism).

Actually, I think these three tendencies are inseperable. They are all the result of humanity gaining it's wings, so to speak.
  3. TheDifferenceEngine
    TheDifferenceEngine
    Couple more Tricolours...
  4. Sentinel
    Sentinel
    Sure, Haraldur, in ACT the order of colors may be very set in stone. But we are only talking about those HPG members who so choose using the colours red, black and grey to some extent in their avvies and sigs here--to signify their allegiance to the thoughts of communism, anarchism, and technocracy. Their level of allegiancy to each particular one of the three ideologies would very naturally determine the proportions used.
  5. Knight of Cydonia
    Knight of Cydonia
    check my new avatar
  6. Sentinel
    Sentinel
    I absolutely adore it, as well as this one you made for me.
  7. Dimentio
    The ACT Tricolor

I think we maybe should have graduated scales on the red and black as well, as to give a metallic impression.
  8. Sentinel
    Sentinel
    I think we maybe should have graduated scales on the red and black as well, as to give a metallic impression.
    Agreed! We are so lucky to have agraphic artist in our group. Knight of Cydonia, could you do this?

I think the tricolor itself is great, do you think we should have a separate trade flag (tricolor only) and a 'war-flag' (tricolor with an emblem in the middle)? This is what nations have.. I know all this sounds incredible nerdy to bystanders, but if we could get such a flag for May Day it would totally rock!
  9. Knight of Cydonia
    Knight of Cydonia
    Agreed! We are so lucky to have agraphic artist in our group. Knight of Cydonia, could you do this?
    i think i could done it, and thank you for adoring my avatar, Sentinel
  10. Cult of Reason
    Cult of Reason
    Darn it! My flag came first, so therefore it is better, purer and makes your flags all revisionist!

I am frankly astonished and heartbroken that my megalomania is not being indulged...
  11. Knight of Cydonia
    Knight of Cydonia
    how about a new flag, everyone
  12. al8
    It looks kool, but has a similarity to a blurred Iraqi flag. Could you make a similar blurry tricolor but with a convergent triangles. That sort of motif.
  13. piet11111
    piet11111
    how about a new flag, everyone
    sweet could you perhaps shrink it for me to use as an avatar ?
  14. Kami
    Kami
    Originally designed to be my avatar, it was a vector image, so thought I'd upsize it a bit and post here. perhaps would make a better badge than symbol ^^
  15. Cult of Reason
    Cult of Reason
    I cannot see the attached image, but your avatar does look nice. It is reminiscent of the original monad.
  16. Sentinel
    Sentinel
    Knight of Cydonia, do you think you could do me a favor? Make a monad with not two but thee colors; red/black/silver? It would rock.
  17. Cult of Reason
    Cult of Reason
    Kami already has.

I prefer grey, anyway. Silver is too science-fictiony.
  18. Sentinel
    Sentinel
    Kami already has.
    I met a figure that looks like a yingyang sign, like the North American Technocrat monad, but with three colors, not 2.

I prefer grey, anyway. Silver is too science-fictiony.
    I think both work.
  19. Kami
    Kami
    I met a figure that looks like a yingyang sign, like the North American Technocrat monad, but with three colors, not 2.
    Sort of like this? (non-geometrically correct WIP)
    EDIT: Deleted, since finished version is up.
  20. Kami
    Kami
    finished!
  21. Cult of Reason
    Cult of Reason
    That is awesome on so many levels. I should remember to be more open-minded in future (haha).

Would you mind if I adopted that as the "official"* ACT monad, to go with the flag I posted earlier in this thread? It is perfect!

*When there is an organisation (hopefully)
  22. Kami
    Kami
    Sure, glad you like it.
    Having done a little experimenting, I've come to the conclusion is looks pretty good on top of a gradiant on a flag, like so:
  23. Cult of Reason
    Cult of Reason
    Perhaps, but I generally am not in favour of flags that do not appear simple to make in real life. My one can be done quite simply with triangles of cloth (and waste can be eliminated if for each flag the red and grey are swapped) and Serpent's is even easier, as it is rectangles of cloth.

Oh, and thanks.
  24. Sentinel
    Sentinel
    Awesome work Kami. We should have an 'official' vote on the symbol(s) of HPG soon, based on this thread.
  25. Dr Mindbender
    personally i've always liked Da Vinci's illustration of the human anatomy (the one that's spread even).
  26. Kami
    Kami
    personally i've always liked Da Vinci's illustration of the human anatomy (the one that's spread even).
    Anyone seen the version of this in the Inquisitor rulebook from Games Workshop?
  27. RedAnarchist
    RedAnarchist
    Sure, glad you like it.
    Having done a little experimenting, I've come to the conclusion is looks pretty good on top of a gradiant on a flag, like so:
    I like it
  28. Kami
    Kami
    Anyone seen the version of this in the Inquisitor rulebook from Games Workshop?

(lifted straight from the LRB)
  29. ÑóẊîöʼn
    ÑóẊîöʼn
    I've decided to change my avatar again. Currently it is a tricolour cogwheel, but I've come up with two variants, one with a central feature reminiscent of more modern atomic diagrams and the other with a H+ symbol in the centre:

Thoughts?
  30. Sentinel
    Sentinel
    The one with atomic diagrams is better, mainly because the H+ is too hard to distinguish. It should be either bigger, or framed somehow.. I'd also like to see the ACT trimonad fit inside a cogwheel, that could be awesome.