Feel the proletocracy

1. Noa Rodman
    Noa Rodman
    What's up with the silence lately here? Demoralised by jumping on the bandwagon of Syriza, Sanders etc.? I'd say you should have known better, but you actually did and still went along with it anyway.
  2. Die Neue Zeit
    Die Neue Zeit
    Shut up.

Seriously, though, comrade, until the solidarity networks in Greece see a political alternative to SYRIZA...
  3. Noa Rodman
    Noa Rodman
    About the food banks, I do wonder if that doesn't create more resentment among those helped (of being in a dependent position), than political education (unless the soup boxes come with a label on them saying, "labour-power ≠ labour" or something like that). Related to this, has not someone from the CPGB pointed out that at the hight of the welfare state, there was a stifling/patronising sense of being "cared" for (from craddle to grave)?
  4. Die Neue Zeit
    Die Neue Zeit
    I don't know. According to the usual psychology, humans are reciprocal beings. Scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours. At the very least, those being helped would feel obligated to give a full hearing to those who have serviced their needs. The historical base of the SPD didn't feel resentment towards those who catered to their needs.

(Soup boxes having political content would be agitation, not political education)

As for the welfare state, CPGB comrade Mike Macnair did point out the problem of patronizing. He did that in his video on Revolutionary Strategy, during his critique of reform coalitionism. The welfare state, per se, is a different beast from the solidarity networks, or a hypothetical what-if-Soviet-welfare-had-been-provided-by-the-CPSU-instead-of-the-Soviet-state.