Was there a split in the SPEW?

1. Magic Snowman
    Magic Snowman
    I know that Chris Brennan left, but did he take people with him?
  2. Tower of Bebel
    Tower of Bebel
    I don't think it was a "split". I think he just left.
  3. Rosa Lichtenstein
    Rosa Lichtenstein
    Yet another 'split'. That's so unlike us Trots...
  4. Q
    Q
    People leave all the time, there was no split as far as I know.
  5. Tower of Bebel
    Tower of Bebel
    I wonder if someone of the SPEW could enlighten us?
  6. Rosa Lichtenstein
    Rosa Lichtenstein
    Q: I am glad to hear it -- but my money is on there being one some day -- it's about the only thing us Trots are good at.
  7. Holden Caulfield
    Chris Brennan left, he also deleted me off his facebook.
    what a tosser.
    But there was no split.

for personal insults aimed at any SP members past and present PM me.
  8. LOLseph Stalin
    LOLseph Stalin
    Ok, wow? Another split? Us Trots seem great at that... Stop being so sectarian, people!
  9. Q
    Q
    Ok, wow? Another split? Us Trots seem great at that... Stop being so sectarian, people!
    See how this starts? Someone yells "fire!" and all fall for it and panic.

There was no split.
  10. Rosa Lichtenstein
    Rosa Lichtenstein
    Once more: glad to hear it, but if the past is any guide, there will be...
  11. Q
    Q
    Once more: glad to hear it, but if the past is any guide, there will be...
    Anything you're basing this on, or are you just playing Nostradamus here?
  12. The Deepest Red
    The Deepest Red
    More effort should go into trying to unite those of us who at least broadly agree on what defines Marxism ("Trotskyism") and how we should proceed strategically. We should all of course be open to some form of compromise.
  13. Q
    Q
    More effort should go into trying to unite those of us who at least broadly agree on what defines Marxism ("Trotskyism") and how we should proceed strategically. We should all of course be open to some form of compromise.
    Given your latest reply here this seems a rather contradictory position. What is it: should we all concede with the IMT's awe and join your ranks or are you genuinely open for debate?
  14. The Deepest Red
    The Deepest Red
    Given your latest reply here this seems a rather contradictory position. What is it: should we all concede with the IMT's awe and join your ranks or are you genuinely open for debate?
    Can't we all just be friends?
  15. LeninistIthink
    LeninistIthink
    Can't we all just be friends?
    Sadly, I think not. But for serious reasons, I mean it was impossible for the IMT and CWI groups to join when IMT still worked under entryism in labour but now it doesn't who knows. I suppose its natural for other groups to hate each other cos we're the 'will of the workers' or something like that