New to Trotskyism

1. Zalthulu
    Zalthulu
    Hello, comrades!

As an Anarchist turning Trotskyist, I have a few questions about the basis of Trotskyism.

1) How does Trotskyism differ from Left Communism?

2) After the workers' state is established, what role does the vanguard party play in running the society, in relation to the workers themselves running the society through soviet democracy? What balance is achieved between party control and worker control, ensuring that no party bureaucracy could develop? Also, how is it exactly that one becomes a member of the vanguard party?

3) I understand that things such as housing, healthcare, and education are all nationalized. How much of the decision-making process relating to these services are made by the workers themselves, and how much of it is done by party members? How is it ensured that the views and aims of the party are also in line with the views and aims of the workers? I ask this because I feel as though having the state provide everything is a bit of a slippery slope.

4) What are the differences between the League for a Fifth International and the League for the Revolutionary Party? Which one is more in line with Trotskyism and worth supporting?

5) Do Trotskyists support a one-party state, or the short lived type of multi-party system that was established after the October Revolution, where other parties were soon banned due to rampant sabotage of the workers' state?

Thanks!