What happened that The Commune?

1. bookmark
    bookmark
    Not an authentically "left communist" discussion, I know... but what happened to The Commune group?

They split out of the (Trot) AWL back in about 2009, I think (very happy to be corrected) and for a good while there seemed to be a good 'buzz' around them with their talk of 'communism from below'... but they seem to have collapsed into simply being Barry Biddulph's blog... what happened!?

(New here. From the British Northern wastelands. Good to meet you!)
  2. Devrim
    Devrim
    I'm not in the UK but it just sort of seemed to run out of steam. Not many people post in this group anymore. If you want an answer I'd try asking on Libcom where people would know.

Devrim
  3. bookmark
    bookmark
    Thanks Devrim.

Yup, I followed up with a question on libcom - and spoke to a comrade - and 'fizzled out' certainly seems right!

I suppose what I was also pushing at was - are there political lessons to be drawn from that? It seemed to grow quite quickly, have a fair buzz to it, then pffff - it's gone...
  4. Devrim
    Devrim
    I don't know. I don't know that much about it. If you joined the Facebook group 'aftermath' there are people on there who knew some of the people involved reasonably well, and could probably say more.

Devrim