Why you started smoking?

1. Angry Young Man
    Angry Young Man
    So I could draw attention to Americans about how important free healthcare is.
  2. Coggeh
    Coggeh
    just randomly after i saw my moms back just there on the table ... tried 1 .. 1 turned into 5... etc
  3. Bright Banana Beard
    Bright Banana Beard
    It killed time, and make you chill even more.
  4. John "Eh" MacDonald
    John "Eh" MacDonald
    My friends that I would smoke up with always smoked cigarettes and I never felt any peer pressure to start. Than I hit grade 7 and read The Outsiders and automatically thought it was the coolest thing ever.
  5. maskerade
    maskerade
    people here started smoking so early! I started smoking because weed in the UK is so fucking expensive, so I always had to mix with tobacco. When I started coming home from classes and lighting up almost every day I realized that maybe it was the tobacco.
  6. durhamleft
    durhamleft
    I had my first cigarette when I was 11 and started properly when I was 12, about to turn 13. So much for UK age laws!
  7. Axle
    I didn't start until I was in my late teens or early twenties. I was an athlete in high school, so I was all about that sweet cardiovascular efficiency.

Then my friend offered me a cigarette. It was amazing.
  8. Johnny Kerosene
    Johnny Kerosene
    No way, American filtered Luckies are horrible, if i have Luckies, then the warning is in cyrllic or the latinized "pusenje je stetno za zdravlje" . I don't waste money on the crummy american ones.

The unfiltered ones here in america on the other hand are quite good every now and then. There very strong though. The best cigs I ever had were in Serbia though, some rare brands like Vision, Best, oh and Drina!
    You can't get filtered Luckies in the US anymore. Or at least not without ordering them from another country.

I started because I was curious, and I quite liked it.
  9. Thirsty Crow
    Thirsty Crow
    My first partner smoked and the smokey taste used to bug me when we kissed.
    The same situation, but quite the opposite result.
    I didn't mind the taste and I wanted to try and see what it tastes like.
    Then I liked it
    Now, I'm so glad that I quit regular cigarettes in favour of rolling tobacco. Much better taste.
  10. Left Leanings
    Left Leanings
    When I was a kid, I had the quick drag of other peeps ciggies. And I bought the occasional pack, but ended up either throwing or giving them away. I never used to inhale anyway.

I started smoking properly at about age 37/38, and in earnest from about the age of 40. I love it. And I'm not quitting. Baccy is one of the JOYS of life...
  11. Crux
    Crux
    To pass the time. Didn't become a full on niccotine addict until I got together with my last girlfriend though. Plus I was and am poor and unemployed and I like the taste and sensation.
  12. Art Vandelay
    its the laziest way i can think of to commit suicide
    This had me laughing . I am going to use that line if someone ever asks me why I smoke.
  13. Princess Luna
    Princess Luna
    I started smoking about 3 weeks ago, I was slightly depressed and found smoking helped me.
  14. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    Peer Pressure.
  15. The Jay
    The Jay
    Cigars looked cool. That's pretty much it. Then pipes were cheaper so I did that too.
  16. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    Serious answer: I had nothing better to do, bought a pack, forced my friends to smoke with me.
    They quit after a few weeks, I still smoke. Although I have tried quitting.
  17. Dropdead
    Dropdead
    I was smoke free for over a year, then a month ago or so I started again because I really had nothing interesting in my life to do and I was slightly depressed, smoking helped me alot.
  18. Brutus
    Brutus
    Kinda a casual smoker. Friend offered me one a week or so ago, and since I've got self-destructive tendencies, it seemed alright to carry on.