Which martial art is best for beginner

1. YourMuDoIsWeak
    YourMuDoIsWeak
    Not necessarilly, depends what you want to learn. If you want to enter competitions fine, do sparring if you want to learn self defence from a variety of scenarios i'd go with something a bit more versatile.

Hardly a reason for picking your preferred MA.
    You know deep down why you chose your MA is because you awesome as a ninja
  2. Dr Mindbender
    You know deep down why you chose your MA is because you awesome as a ninja
    I plead guilty, but theres also the fact that surviving is more about know how to flurry a load of punches but also knowing how to deal with weapons and making a fast getaway when it's needed.
  3. YourMuDoIsWeak
    YourMuDoIsWeak
    I plead guilty, but theres also the fact that surviving is more about know how to flurry a load of punches but also knowing how to deal with weapons and making a fast getaway when it's needed.
    Personally i would just throw a person on his head gg no re.
    if they had a weapon i would run to my car and if i had to pop the trunk and pull out my shotgun. Shotgun with 40 hours of shooting time= gg no re.
  4. Dr Mindbender
    Personally i would just throw a person on his head gg no re.
    if they had a weapon i would run to my car and if i had to pop the trunk and pull out my shotgun. Shotgun with 40 hours of shooting time= gg no re.
    pistol disarm
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
  5. RaiseYourVoice
    RaiseYourVoice
    Well did you ever try to disarm a pistol? We had reaction training in KM a few times, to do a technique similar to that one and the partner trying to shoot you with a soft air gun. Seriously it made me not want to try it in real life. I wouldnt actually recommend trying to open my trunk while some armed guy is behind me though... if you are fast enought to gain so much distance that you can open your trunk and pull out your gun you might as well just run away.

As for the beginner martial art, i would too advice kickboxing. I don't like sports wich emphazise kicking a lot though, dont know where you guys live but from november to february it tends to freeze here. Ever tried kicking someone on a frozen street? Especially since you dont always have sport shoes or combats boots on your feet.

As for takedowns, i also dont like them that much (at least the once that you follow the person to the ground) because usually when confronted with nazis or even most other fights you cant be sure if you are confronted with just one person and you dont want the others to kick your head during the ground fighting.
  6. Dr Mindbender
    ^
    admiteddly, no i've never tried to disarm a pistol. I live in a firearm controlled society so hopefully i'll never find myself in that scenario. I think that demo was also about teaching other things though, like exploiting distance and balance.

The addition of the gun was pretty much arbitrary but it does prove that it can be disarmed.
  7. Cynical Observer
    Cynical Observer
    I'd go with a grappling system like BJJ or Judo, Sambo is amazing if you live in a country where it's popular. Grapplign is great for beginners because u can dominate an untrained opponent after only a short time trainign relative to striking martial arts. Also, there's usually alot of live rolling so u won't get bored.
  8. mindsword
    sounds like a good reason to avoid KM.
    sounds like a good reason to learn it.