Desktop Environments

1. leftace53
    leftace53
    What do you kids use as a graphical desktop environment, or are you just a baller doing it all without a graphical interface?

I've used the "big three" before, and Gnome just reminds of windows. KDE 4.~ is fairly decent but is kinda slow, I liked XFCE for my old comp cuz it was lightweight and fast, but KDE was just too pretty for me to give up in my new comp.
  2. DecDoom
    I'm a KDE fan myself. I have a powerful computer, so I don't have much need for the lightweight desktop environments.
  3. The Fighting_Crusnik
    The Fighting_Crusnik
    I'm more into Gnome, but have begun to like the LXDE, especially on older computers. However, when I get the time and energy, I'll play around with Enlightenment. Enlightenment is amazing especially when you get into the animated desktop stuff and several other futuristic elements in it, however it is extremely unstable, and those who manage to make it stable do so by removing the cool aspects... so yeah... also, because I own a netbook, I'm semi stuck in the netbook remix type desktop since the sudo gnome look destabilizes Jolicloud...
  4. StoneFrog
    StoneFrog
    XFCE is what i use, i find KDE to bulky same ad gnome.
    I really want to see a lightweight QT desktop environment, that would be very nice.
  5. T-Paine
    T-Paine
    I prefer Gnome. KDE is too...bleh.
  6. Kuppo Shakur
    Gnome's where its at.
  7. SonofRage
    SonofRage
    export |grep -i desktop_session
    declare -x DESKTOP_SESSION="gnome"
  8. Revoltorb
    Revoltorb
    Standalone Openbox, my ~/.xinitrc reads "exec dbus-launch openbox-session"