Books onhe Russian Civil War and the Soviet Afghan War?

1. boiler
    boiler
    Does anyone know of any good books on the Russian Civil War and the Soviet Afghan War.
  2. Ismail
    Ismail
    You should be able to find books easily by going on Amazon and looking up search terms.

The only book-length account that is from a self-proclaimed Marxist, to my knowledge, is Afghanistan - Washington's Secret War by Philip Bonosky, who was a CPUSA member and acts as an apologist for the Soviet invasion and occupation.
  3. boiler
    boiler
    I'v already tried that on Amazon there was a big selection so I thought I'd try see on here if anyone knew of any good books on either subject. But thanks for this.
  4. Sixiang
    Sixiang
    The only book I have read that dealt with the Soviet Afghan War is The Global Cold War; Third World Interventions and the Making of Our Times, by Odd Arne Westad. Just one chapter of the book focuses on the war but it is an illuminating study with a good argument I think. I don't think Westad considers himself a Marxist per say but I think his anti-imperialist, anti-Western chauvinist outlook is acceptable for Marxists.
  5. boiler
    boiler
    The only book I have read that dealt with the Soviet Afghan War is The Global Cold War; Third World Interventions and the Making of Our Times, by Odd Arne Westad. Just one chapter of the book focuses on the war but it is an illuminating study with a good argument I think. I don't think Westad considers himself a Marxist per say but I think his anti-imperialist, anti-Western chauvinist outlook is acceptable for Marxists.
    thanks for this