I am willing to make a new ML forum.

1. Brutus
    Brutus
    EDIT: Due to a inspiring PM from dodger, i have created one.

http://marxism-leninism.freeforums.net/
  2. ind_com
    ind_com
    Idk we already have ours. May be instead of migrating to a new ML forum you could help rejuvenate it?

http://towardsanewdawn.boards.net/
  3. Brutus
    Brutus
    Ok. Ignore me.
  4. Ismail
    Ismail
    There's no reason to create one. It will die/become incredibly inactive simply because of the fact that MLs can happily post away on RevLeft and have their own group. I encourage anyone still into the idea, though, to PM me for more information.
  5. ind_com
    ind_com
    I think a proper forum where all the mods and admins are MLs and you have different categories for different topics is far better than posting just on Revleft. Plus there you could interact with comrades who are reluctant to post in a forum controlled by anarchists and leftcoms.
  6. Ismail
    Ismail
    The fact that every ML forum attempted has failed is evidence that those reluctant MLs you mention are not a significant force.
  7. ind_com
    ind_com
    I didn't claim that they are a significant force on the internet. They are comrades who organize in the real world.

There are different reasons behind ML forums failing. The last ML forum failed apparently because the admin turned into an anti-ML and closed it. At least such a thing is unlikely to happen when a forum is run by active MLs.
  8. Ismail
    Ismail
    I talked to the admin of that forum on AIM. This is what he said:

Judas: I announced it two weeks in advance on the ML-forum. Tells you a lot about how interested people were in it
    Judas: It was a free forum.
    Judas: It wasn't due to new ideology. It was due only one member being active on there. I saw no use for an inactive forum.
    Judas: Since all admins were inactive too and I had to check if things were going ok around there. In that sense it was ideological because I am no longer motivated to do that, but if it was solely ideological I would've deleted it months before I actually did.
  9. ind_com
    ind_com
    Thanks for the clarification. The cause was ideological and the admin's personal decision to delete the forum just because it was inactive for a while. If I recall correctly, even a few weeks before it was deleted, it had many visitors. But still the admin deleted it, with its valuable posts and all. That is why it is important to have as admins of such a forum individuals who are answerable to their organization for their actions. And that is why our forum won't be closed due to the whims of a single person.
  10. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    Well, for all its worth, I announced it two weeks in advance and nobody except two active members said something about it. It hadn't been active for months. It is really funny to me how nobody replied there but now does complain. None of the admins were active, but two members were active, nobody complained and now about a month later you complain about it. Shows how much interest people had in the forum.

As for ideological reasons, I honestly don't care what you think about it being because of them or not.
  11. Questionable
    Questionable
    Let's just all agree that, in true Marxist-Leninist fashion, placing too much power in the hands of a single individual is a bad idea.
  12. Workers-Control-Over-Prod
    Workers-Control-Over-Prod
    I was active in NegativeCreep's, i.e. Judas', ML forum and found it a negative experience for two reasons: 1, there was hardly any activity, and 2, when there was activity it was very mellow discussions about obscure historical matters. Having a forum for one solitary communist faction really defeats free and aggressive exchange of ideas and debates we should have about how to overcome this system.
  13. Brutus
    Brutus
    Let's just all agree that, in true Marxist-Leninist fashion, placing too much power in the hands of a single individual is a bad idea.
    But... Stalin singlehandedly control all of the USSR!
  14. Questionable
    Questionable
    I was active in NegativeCreep's, i.e. Judas', ML forum and found it a negative experience for two reasons: 1, there was hardly any activity
    There was lots of activity initially. The forum had hundreds of posts and topics.

Having a forum for one solitary communist faction really defeats free and aggressive exchange of ideas and debates we should have about how to overcome this system.
    I dislike this complaint for two reasons:

1: It implies idea exchange and debates cannot take place within a single group. I speak from experience when I say plenty of debate went on in the ML forum. It may have been about historical matters most of the time, yes, but history is important to Marxists. I don't have any grand delusions that I'm going to start the revolution from the internet, I just want a place to discuss matters.

2: It implies that I'm not allowed to speak to people with more similar views to me, like I have to wade through Trotskyite crap every time I want to discuss Stalin.
  15. Yet_Another_Boring_Marxist
    Yet_Another_Boring_Marxist
    I was actually talking to some other comrades about making a new forum. With the recent restriction, I think it is an effort worth restarting again. I will post more details later.
  16. Zealot
    Zealot
    Actually it was quite active for a while with many posts and contributing members. The forum was temporarily inactive when people left for the christmas/new years break over which time the admin dropped his ML views, making it essentially pointless to go back. And from what I understand, the admin did not yield his position to anyone else and thus discouraged anyone from wanting to build on to the forum. I had been concerned about a situation like this since he made himself the exclusive administrator apart from Gallowsbird who was made admin due to his coding knowledge but he had also temporarily left during this time if I recall correctly. Any serious future attempt at making an ML forum will need to take these lessons into consideration to prevent Gorbachev tactics from ever happening again.
  17. Brutus
    Brutus
    The way to solve that would be a collective leadership of maybe 4-5 dedicated MLs.
  18. Brutus
    Brutus