Colin Baker = abject tool?

1. Angry Young Man
    Angry Young Man
    I was doing some research on the old Doctors, and it just seems like Colin Baker was a total wankaaaaaaaaa.

Discuss.

Also Sylvester McCoy seems a bit crap
  2. El Chuncho
    El Chuncho
    McCoy is my favourite Doctor and his era was pro-leftist (just look at 'The Curse of Fenric') and Colin Baker was a good Doctor and he is a nice guy (I've met him).

Tom Baker was an overrated Doctor but I do not mind him as an actor and the new series is childish nonsense, in my opinion. So each to their own.
  3. zoot_allures
    zoot_allures
    Do you mean Colin Baker as a person, or his characterisation of the Doctor?

I've never met him in person, but from his interviews, he seems like a really nice guy. Again going by interviews, a lot of people who worked with him seem to have the same impression.

As for his Doctor, he was supposed to be abrasive. Colin Baker had intended to stay in the role for some time (he wanted to be the longest-serving Doctor) and the idea was to make his character difficult and irritable at first, then have him mellow out over the years. Unfortunately, of course, that never happened. I think it's a big shame - I love Colin's Doctor, and I think it was time for a more aggressive personality after 7 years of the jovial 4th and 3 of the fairly languid 5th. Maybe they pushed it a bit too far though, especially since so many people in BBC at the time were looking for excuses to trash the show.
  4. zoot_allures
    zoot_allures
    McCoy is my favourite Doctor and his era was pro-leftist (just look at 'The Curse of Fenric')
    Survival is another good one for that, and I've heard that The Happiness Patrol was supposed to be a jab at Thatcher.