Pipe Smoking

1. The pizza crazed Anarchist
    The pizza crazed Anarchist
    I have tried cigarettes and I never like them but I really like tobacco pipe smoking and it is the only way I smoke. Has anyone else in this group tried pipe smoking or is current pipe smoker?
  2. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    I used to smoke a pipe, usually with either St. Bruno or Clan Aromatic. Anyway I lost the damn thing and I'm fairly sure there's something wrong with it anyway. I might get a new pipe one day but for now cigarettes and the occaisonal cigar are enough for me.
  3. LeninBalls
    LeninBalls
    I've been thinking of buying a pipe today or tomorrow, but I'm not sure. It's either a fucking huge massive cool as fuck what fat cigar, or a pipe. Tough choice.
  4. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    Get the pipe. It can be used constantly.
  5. LeninBalls
    LeninBalls
    Too late. I smoked the cigar for an hour and a half and looked like a badass.

I will get a pipe though, but I've heard "good" pipes are 30 euro upwards. Is there much difference between an average and a good pipe?
  6. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    Average and good? Not really. Corncobs are quite nice, ask the oldest fixture at your local. Average pipes will last you long enogh if you clean them properly, expensive ones are a waste of money as is anythg expensive anything.
  7. Bitter Ashes
    Bitter Ashes
    I once accidently bought pipe tobacco instead of rolling tobacco. I didnt think it made very good rollies and made me a bit ill actualy.

The smell of a pipe is gorgeous though. I used to get a bus to school and there was this old guy who'd get on the bus about half way through the stops and he'd always have his pipe on the go. Me and my friend just used to sit behind him and love the smell.

I dont think I'd want to smoke a pipe tbh. A girl smoking a pipe would look way too wierd!
  8. Delirium
    Delirium
    I have a hard time getting my fix from a pipe, no matter how many i smoke.
  9. Misanthrope
    Misanthrope
    I have a pipe I use daily but not for tobacco.
  10. Stranger Than Paradise
    Stranger Than Paradise
    I have a pipe I use daily but not for tobacco.
  11. OneNamedNameLess
    Speaking of pipes, why is there no picture of Marcos in the photo album? I think Mosfield is a sectarian Stalinist
  12. ÑóẊîöʼn
    ÑóẊîöʼn
    I once accidently bought pipe tobacco instead of rolling tobacco. I didnt think it made very good rollies and made me a bit ill actualy.
    lol, that happened to me once as well. Didn't make me sick though, was just an absolute bastard to roll.

I dont think I'd want to smoke a pipe tbh. A girl smoking a pipe would look way too wierd!
    Do it, for the novelty if nothing else.
  13. Bitter Ashes
    Bitter Ashes
    Do it, for the novelty if nothing else.
    No thanks. I get "accidently" mistaken for a guy enough without a pipe hanging out of my mouth too...
    Besides, I'd just get called a Harold Wilson fangirl.
  14. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    This thread has inspired me to consider taking up the pipe again. I really quite liked it (had a very nice rosewood jobby and I mainly smoked Clan and St. Bruno [both ready-rubbed and both quite cheap]).

Ranma: Sod others' opinions, pipes are awesome!
  15. LeninBalls
    LeninBalls
    Nonsense, I saw a woman having a meal yesterday outside while puffing away at a pipe and she looked quite fine.
  16. mykittyhasaboner
    mykittyhasaboner
    I've largely switched from cigs to pipe tobacco. I got my first pipe in Basel while I was on vacation, and I've been smoking it since.

The first pipe a got was a Stanwell, and I just got another Stanwell called "Naval Lieutenant".
  17. Hebrew Hammer
    I have tried cigarettes and I never like them but I really like tobacco pipe smoking and it is the only way I smoke. Has anyone else in this group tried pipe smoking or is current pipe smoker?
    Chronic pipe smoker, don't smoke anything else.

Cheap, affordable, preferable.
  18. The Jay
    The Jay
    Pipe smoking is so much cheaper than either cigarettes or cigars, once you have the pipe that is.
  19. Art Vandelay
    I think I have been inspired to shake off the dust on the ole pipe and pick up some pipe tobacco today before I head up for a drunken 2 days at the lake.
  20. Zav
    I've been a pipe smoker for a while now. I liked the smell of cigarettes but didn't want the harsh chemicals and addictive stuff (there has to be a name for that), so I tried a pipe and loved it. Besides the fact that it is healthier (still not healthy though), it's cheaper, tastes and smells better, is a bit of an art, and it's damn classy.
  21. The Jay
    The Jay
    It is better in most ways, plus I think that you get more vitamin N per gram of smoke. Plus it's more relaxing than hurriedly dragging a cigarette, which I don't like. I've only smoked cigarettes when I was drunk a few years ago and only did it to try and sober up. Pipes and cigars are fun, cigarettes are just there to make and support a "fix".
  22. Nevsky
    Nevsky
    I used to smoke a lot of pipe with my "philosopher" friend. Unfortunately, ecent times were a bit too stressful to sit back and enjoy the pipe.
  23. Dropdead
    Dropdead
    I never have really liked pipe smoking, it's sometimes ok but usually I just go with cigarettes.