What book should is start with?

1. feeLtheLove
    What book should i start with that covers the basics and everything to Trotskyism. I have already read the Commie Manifesto, principals of communism and that sort of thing. Any book you guys recommend for like somewhat of a beginner.
  2. Ostrinski
    The Struggle for a Proletarian Party by James Cannon is good if you're looking for some insight on the logic of how Trotskyists organize their parties.
  3. Aurora
    Aurora
    The Revolution Betrayed(What is the Soviet Union and where is it going?) by Trotsky covers the Trotskyist position on the SU and gives a background to where Trotskyism came from, that's where i started with Trotsky.

Results and Prospects and The Permanent Revolution by Trotsky. How capitalism has developed in a combined and uneven way across the world and what this means for the classes within society and their historic tasks.

If you haven't been there already Marxists.org has a wide collection available.
  4. Geiseric
    Geiseric
    The Transitional Program is obviously the most important, I can't believe nobodies mentioned that. That document is essential to Trotskyism, and bolshevism in general.
  5. Brutus
    Brutus
    How does the min-max program compare to the transititional program?
  6. Geiseric
    Geiseric
    Just read it, it's on Marxists. The TP's demands are impossible without a workers state, which means the min and max program are basically melded.