Anonymous Instant Messenging

1. RedGrunt
    RedGrunt
    Currently, I have Pidgin(AIM) but I'd like to know about any other instant messenging services and programs that can be used securely and relatively anonymously. Any suggestions?
  2. Q
    Q
    There is I2Pmessenger, which according to that website is:

an end-to-end encrypted serverless communication application. For communication between two users, they need to give each other their destination keys, to allow the other to connect. It supports file transfer and has a search for other users, based on Seedless.
  3. DoCt SPARTAN
    DoCt SPARTAN
    Im not sure about instant messaging, but they have groups on a thing called "IRC" ...
    you mite wanna check it out.
  4. Q
    Q
    Im not sure about instant messaging, but they have groups on a thing called "IRC" ...
    you mite wanna check it out.
    IRC is not anonymous, unless you take steps outside irc to hide your ip.

Although Freenet has an irc network, called FLIP, that is anonymous by design. And, likewise, I2P has a native irc network that hides your ip. But these are of course "off the grid" networks.
  5. DoCt SPARTAN
    DoCt SPARTAN
    IRC is not anonymous, unless you take steps outside irc to hide your ip.

Although Freenet has an irc network, called FLIP, that is anonymous by design. And, likewise, I2P has a native irc network that hides your ip. But these are of course "off the grid" networks.
    ok I knew it was something like that but you cleared it up.
  6. Revoltorb
    Revoltorb
    So the OP was a year and a half ago but Pidgin supports rsa encryption and OTR messages via plugins so there's always that depending on how secure you want to be.