Moving forward on this project...

1. Potemkin
    Saluton,

Are people actually interested in moving forward with a project like this? It could easily turn into its own group, with some kind of online presence that facilitated connections between other revolutionary leftists interested in learning Esperanto, along with learning resources with a revolutionary left focus, and a history of Esperanto in revolutionary movements, as well as revolutionary aspects of Esperanto history.

It could develop into physical study groups that would give a new generation of revolutionaries the ability to communicate with each regardless of country of origin.

What kind of format would make people interested in participating? This could be something that eventually outgrows the RevLeft site. Would a pen pal (actual written letters) project appeal? Email correspondence? General discussion group?

With the upgrade to RevLeft, the user created groups have lost their full-fledged discussion boards. Does this make people less interested in participating in discussion here?

I'd love to know everyone's thoughts!

Regards!
  2. Q
    Q
    What is the extra beneft of expanding beyond RevLeft at this point? I don't really understand that part.
  3. Potemkin
    The purpose is to take the idea wherever there would be interest. Obviously, there has been very little use, discussion, or expansion of using Esperanto to create a worldwide proletarian movement wherein every person could communicate directly with one another in this current group form, other than people becoming members of the Esperanto group.

How would people like to participate? That is the question, and the above were some suggestions.
  4. RedBaltico
    RedBaltico
    The idea to create conversations in Esperanto is good, but I would advise to use Skype, for conferences and chats, to be daily updated a little bit on Esperanto and share our knowledge. This group though can be a good place for posting general discussions or useful information about Esperanto.
  5. Q
    Q
    The idea to create conversations in Esperanto is good, but I would advise to use Skype, for conferences and chats, to be daily updated a little bit on Esperanto and share our knowledge. This group though can be a good place for posting general discussions or useful information about Esperanto.
    Nice gravedig

But yes. I've been looking on and off for getting more involved in Esperanto for years. Sadly there is no local group. So a Skype "branch" might indeed help to alleviate some of that.
  6. RedBaltico
    RedBaltico
    Nice gravedig

But yes. I've been looking on and off for getting more involved in Esperanto for years. Sadly there is no local group. So a Skype "branch" might indeed help to alleviate some of that.
    It would be awesome to gather only Esperanto-leftists but either way, we can simply find all kind of people on language websites that learn or know Esperanto, such as Livemocha...
  7. Q
    Q
    Well, let's start with just learning the language