Come out, come out, wherever you are...

1. Teddyjer Ilyich Otterman
    Teddyjer Ilyich Otterman
    I'm just wondering why this group seems to have died out. I think that, as queer people and communists, we are in a unique position to spread both messages. Right now, with same-sex marriage in the news almost constantly (and there is no such thing as bad press...if they're talking about you, you're on), we have the eyes of the world watching us, and many of them just don't know what to make of us. Why not show them that we're not just a group to be "tolerated", but some of us actually want to CHANGE things for the better!

We can also bring the message of queer consciousness to the revolutionary community. Most revolutionaries are all about gay rights, but many of them just lump it in with human rights. Let's put a face on it. The "liberals" in the 1960s were all about integration, etc., but when faced by the Black Panthers and the like, they saw the faces of the human beings they were supposedly fighting for.

The social changes that are opening society to granting basic rights and understanding to oppressed groups can be wrangled to combine with our efforts to move toward revolution. Now is the time to strike, as far as re-polarizing the society, since they are self-polarizing to a certain extent.

Okay, I'm done rambling, but I'm hoping to get some response from one of you...good, bad, but not indifferent.
  2. ÑóẊîöʼn
    ÑóẊîöʼn
    Quietness seems to be something that afflicts all but the largest of the Revleft Groups. Personally I blame the fact they're somewhat hidden away on the main forum page.
  3. TheGodlessUtopian
    TheGodlessUtopian
    I try my best to bring queer issues to light on the main boards with my queer news and queer help threads.Also having a queer themed sig,like myself and the OP,helps as does having all other possible areas (sig,user title) be queer themed.Small steps.
  4. Avanti
    hullo!