Favorite quote.

1. Art Vandelay
    My favorite quote has always been this one from Bakunin, I still want to get it tatted on me one day cause I feel like it has always been the basis of my politics.

"I am truly free only when all human beings, men and women, are equally free. The freedom of other men, far from negating or limiting my freedom, is, on the contrary, its necessary premise and confirmation. It is the slavery of other men that sets up a barrier to my freedom, or what amounts to the same thing, it is their bestiality which is the negation of my humanity. For my dignity as a man, my human right which consists of refusing to obey any other man, and to determine my own acts in conformity with my convictions is reflected by the equally free conscience of all and confirmed by the consent of all humanity. My personal freedom, confirmed by the liberty of all, extends to infinity." - Bakunin; Man, Society and Freedom; 1871.
  2. Trap Queen Voxxy
    Trap Queen Voxxy
    I love the quote and the work. Though, that'd be a pretty lengthy and wordy tat love.
  3. Art Vandelay
    Yeah what do you think, should I go with the shortened version of : the freedom of all is essential to my freedom....?
  4. Trap Queen Voxxy
    Trap Queen Voxxy
    Yeah what do you think, should I go with the shortened version of : the freedom of all is essential to my freedom....?
    Welp, I mean, I think it'd be all about how it'd be done maybe, idk, I'm terrible with tats.

I like how I have none and I'm like oh hai, like I'm an expert.
  5. Bakunin Knight
    Bakunin Knight
    Here are some of mine:

"The State, therefore, is the most flagrant, the most cynical, and the most complete negation of humanity. It shatters the universal solidarity of all men on the earth, and brings some of them into association only for the purpose of destroying, conquering, and enslaving all the rest."

"There is no horror, no cruelty, sacrilege, or perjury, no imposture, no infamous transaction, no cynical robbery, no bold plunder or shabby betrayal that has not been or is not daily being perpetrated by the representatives of the states, under no other pretext than those elastic words, so convenient and yet so terrible: 'for reasons of state.'"

"In a word, we reject all legislation, all authority, and all privileged, licensed, official, and legal influence, even though arising from universal suffrage, convinced that it can turn only to the advantage of a dominant minority of exploiters against the interest of the immense majority in subjection to them. This is the sense in which we are really Anarchists."

"When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called 'the People's Stick.'"

"Liberty is so great a magician, endowed with so marvelous a power of productivity, that under the inspiration of this spirit alone, North America was able within less than a century to equal, and even surpass, the civilization of Europe."