The Revolution in Nepal

1. ind_com
    ind_com
    In the past few months, true Maoists in Nepal have been organizing at a fast rate. After the declaration of the CPN(Maoist), they have won over above 60% of the cadre of the old Maoist party (before its amalgamation with revisionist groups), and have got majority in districts of western Nepal. Not only that, they have been implementing a ban on Indian vehicles in order to stop Indian economic expansionist activities in Nepal, and are reorganizing the local organs of the people's government that used to exist before the revisionist takeover of the original Maoist Paryty, UCPN(M). However, they have at least unofficially stated that they are not restarting the people's war, not any time soon at least, which remains a matter of concern.

In this thread, let's post important news and articles about the reborn revolution in Nepal.
  2. xvzc
    xvzc
    There is lots of ambiguity in Baidya's statements, since he speaks of "concluding the New Democratic Revolution" with no talk of People's War.
  3. ind_com
    ind_com
    There is lots of ambiguity in Baidya's statements, since he speaks of "concluding the New Democratic Revolution" with no talk of People's War.
    True, and Ram Bahadur Thapa has openly claimed that they are not going back to the people's war. But that the government has practically started outlawing the party raises some hope.
  4. Roach
    Roach
    True, and Ram Bahadur Thapa has openly claimed that they are not going back to the people's war. But that the government has practically started outlawing the party raises some hope.
    Maoist groups in Latin America have already accused Baidya of revisionism and collaboration with Chinese imperialism.

This is an website from Ecuador: http://pukainti.blogspot.com.br/2012...ran-china.html
  5. ind_com
    ind_com
    Could you please translate it to English? Also, some Chinese representative in Nepal expressed support for the UCPN(M), and said something in the lines of opposing the problems created by the split.
  6. Roach
    Roach
    I will try, though it might take some days, since I am not actually so fluent in spanish, my first language is portuguese.
  7. xvzc
    xvzc
    Here is a recent article by Comrade Rishi Raj Baral on the state of revolution in Nepal.
  8. Yet_Another_Boring_Marxist
    Yet_Another_Boring_Marxist
    To be fair you can't blame them for that. We can talk all we want about the holy cow of "peoples war" since we in the west have never lived through it, but Nepal had one for ten years and while there is still a revolutionary spirit that is growing there to ask them to go back to war without first attempting other methods is a bit arrogant and naive.

That being said, they recently gave the government a list of 70 demands that they said they would return to people's war if they weren't meet. Also they have formed a military branch which is now active in defending strikers, so think it's fair to take them seriously. Though if anyone could link the 70 demands so I could read through them I'd appreciate it.
  9. xvzc
    xvzc
    To be fair you can't blame them for that. We can talk all we want about the holy cow of "peoples war" since we in the west have never lived through it, but Nepal had one for ten years and while there is still a revolutionary spirit that is growing there to ask them to go back to war without first attempting other methods is a bit arrogant and naive.

That being said, they recently gave the government a list of 70 demands that they said they would return to people's war if they weren't meet. Also they have formed a military branch which is now active in defending strikers, so think it's fair to take them seriously. Though if anyone could link the 70 demands so I could read through them I'd appreciate it.
    To be honest I think that Baidya is on the left of people such as Biplab which say that there can be "no return to People's War", and I can also understand the security measures needed for avoiding state repression. Any talk of launching People's War in the context of a social-fascist and revisionist government can only mean repression of revolutionary forces. Baidya's talk of "concluding New Democracy", if we strictly follow Maoist "formula", means returning to People's War.

So, as usual, I'm adopting a "wait and see" attitude. I do have intense respect for Baidya in particular, who I am a huge supporter and fan of, but nevertheless I think that supporting the Nepali revolution -- and every other revolution for that matter -- means supporting a revolutionary line which leads to People's War for establishing proletarian dictatorship.