Rebuilding the Revolutionary Internationalist Movement (RIM) and Some Issues...

1. xvzc
    xvzc
    Right now, as Maoists from across the globe are attempting to rebuild the Revolutionary Internationalist Movement (RIM), there are some debates on principle which are bound to be reflected here in this group. So I'd like to ask everyone what they thought about the following issues:

(1) Do you believe that Protracted People's War is universally applicable?

(2) Do you support the electoral efforts of the Communist Organization of Greece (KOE) and other supposed adherents of Marxism-Leninism-Maoism?

(3) What is your opinion on the various "thoughts", "paths" and "synthesis" in general?

You may also discuss other issues!
  2. ind_com
    ind_com
    The RCP-Canada has been pushing the line for universal validity of protracted people's war. They are discussing it with the CPI(Maoist), because at least officially no communist party waging protracted people's war upholds this line. Even the CPI(Maoist) political programme repeats Mao's line, which clearly calls for insurrection in the capitalist countries. However, the RCP-Canada presents very concrete arguments in defence of its line, and has mostly succeeded in convincing others. Moreover they are one of the most successful Maoist groups in the imperialist countries. It seems only a matter of time before the bigger Maoist parties including the CPI(Maoist) officially agree with the RCP.

I personally support the line for universal validity of PPW.

The KOE has taken a revisionist road, in my opinion.

I don't know about other lines much, but most of them seem to be taking capitalist lines whenever practical questions are concerned.
  3. xvzc
    xvzc

I believe that People's War is a universal military strategy applicable in all countries in accordance with their concrete conditions. I think that the line of thinking which presumes that it's only applicable in semi-feudal, semi-colonial countries is a mechanical one.

By necessity, the principles of People's War have to be abstracted for application in the imperialist countries, principles such as the necessity of revolutionary violence, smashing the old state and establishing a new one -- principles which should not be muddled with the particularities of People's War in oppressed countries such as "encircling the cities." or organizing the peasantry.

I believe one of the main basis of unity for any new international organization should be that of commitment to People's War. This is the line which which the C(M)PA in Afghanistan, PCR-RCP in Canada, CPI(ML)[Naxalbari] in India and mPCI in Italy uphold. They are, as far as I know, the leading force behind the re-unification efforts.

(2) Do you support the electoral efforts of the Communist Organization of Greece (KOE) and other supposed adherents of Marxism-Leninism-Maoism?

Despite efforts of supposed "post-Maoists" who attempt to redefine Maoism to suit whatever revisionist garbage they are attempting to push, I believe that electoral struggle has no place in the Maoist movement. Instead, MLM Parties should organize for mass boycotts.

(3) What is your opinion on the various "thoughts", "paths" and "synthesis" in general?

Undecided and mixed feelings.
  4. ind_com
    ind_com
    The RCP-Canada actually claims something stronger. It upholds the PPW line against insurrectionism, and identifies the latter as one of the fundamental revisionist positions of the last century. Unofficially they hold that PPW is the only applicable line. This is also something that I agree with.
  5. xvzc
    xvzc
    The RCP-Canada actually claims something stronger. It upholds the PPW line against insurrectionism, and identifies the latter as one of the fundamental revisionist positions of the last century. Unofficially they hold that PPW is the only applicable line. This is also something that I agree with.
    I am in agreement. The supposed "October Road", as it is presented by revisionist organizations this last century, has been refuted as a myth by Maoists.

The PCR-RCP in Canada is doing an absolutely fabulous job and is clearing the way for other Maoists in the west, showing everybody how its done.
  6. ind_com
    ind_com
    I am in agreement. The supposed "October Road", as it is presented by revisionist organizations this last century, has been refuted as a myth by Maoists.

The PCR-RCP in Canada is doing an absolutely fabulous job and is clearing the way for other Maoists in the west, showing everybody how its done.
    They are very appreciable, really, though they have a really long way to go. A point to note is that they are subjectively more advanced than probably all other Maoist parties in capitalist countries, even though the objective conditions of USA and several east European countries are much more favourable for revolution..

The topic of protracted people's war in capitalist countries is very interesting and deserves a separate thread for itself.
  7. Roach
    Roach
    Yes, but because the military strategy of urban guerrilla warfare is not fully developed I wouldn't jump into an urban People's War before, in the future of course, other people's wars that developed on the countryside of other countries gain and/or achieve enough experience in urban theaters are studied. I think the issue of urban warfare is purely military rather than political and it's also completely resovable. Thats just my opinion and based out of simple observation and not any really deep study.

I am against the participation in bourgeois elections for they are nothing but a way to legitimize bourgeois rule. However I know nothing about the KOE.

Negative, these so-called developments usually degenarate into personality cults, revisionist trends or both.
  8. Roach
    Roach
    BTW, is the RCP-USA trying to push the B.A. New Synthesis intoa future RIM?
  9. xvzc
    xvzc
    BTW, is the RCP-USA trying to push the B.A. New Synthesis intoa future RIM?
    The RCP-USA claims that any reorganization on an international level must be based on Bob Avakian's New Synthesis. Here is their May Day statement from this year dealing with exactly this.

"The international communist movement needs to advance, and the basic political and theoretical scaffolding that has been developed with the new synthesis of communism by Bob Avakian, Chairman of the RCP,USA serves as the basis for such an advance." (p. 2)
  10. ind_com
    ind_com
    Fortunately, the RCP-USA has been completely alienated from almost all the genuine Maoist movements of now. You will see that only some Sri Lankan and Iranian Maoists support them. But that is due to revisionism of some Sri Lankan Maoists and the main movement having been destroyed in Iran.