When should the periodical launch?

1. Regicollis
    Regicollis
    Right now the periodical only displays test articles but the design is close to being finished and I think we can start posting real articles soon.

I think we should start preparing for a launch. I have started writing an article about reality TV and I hope other members are working on articles too.

I think we should only launch the periodical when we have enough articles to fill out the front page. It would look weird if there only was one or two articles.

When we have enough articles we should publish them simultaneously and start promoting the periodical.

Registered users are encouraged to add new posts immediately. Just use the grey "Save Draft" button instead of the blue "Publish" button.
  2. jookyle
    jookyle
    I've submitted three articles so far. I think as soon as there's enough articles for a first issue it should be launched, the sooner the better.
  3. nihilust
    nihilust
    thanks, ill submit stuff by the end of the weekend for my short story/parables section!
  4. Regicollis
    Regicollis
    I've submitted three articles so far. I think as soon as there's enough articles for a first issue it should be launched, the sooner the better.
    Where did you submit your articles to?
  5. Positivist
    Positivist
    Where did you submit your articles to?
    Me. I'll send them to the group email. We should probably post that in here.
  6. JPSartre12
    JPSartre12
    I've only written one, but I'll hop on another as soon as I can.
  7. DrZaiu5
    DrZaiu5
    I've submitted one article so far. I'm in the process of writing more.
  8. Regicollis
    Regicollis
    @ Sartre, Nihilust, Zaiu:

Great
  9. Comrades Unite!
    Comrades Unite!
    When I get back from School I should should be able to get something together.
  10. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    I can maybe try to write something this weekend.
    Maybe an idea to have some sort of list of subjects that there are already articles on, so it doesn't have articles about basically the same.
  11. nihilust
    nihilust
    so we will just send something to a members e mail who will then organize them into the proper categories and such? if so, can you provide the e mail ha
  12. nihilust
    nihilust
    i figured it out after trying out the new password so never mind
  13. Aussie Trotskyist
    Aussie Trotskyist
    I should be able to start in a few weeks. I have a whole heap of assignments and exams right now.

Also, when i sign up on the site, do I have to use my real name?
  14. Regicollis
    Regicollis
    I should be able to start in a few weeks. I have a whole heap of assignments and exams right now.

Also, when i sign up on the site, do I have to use my real name?
    It's not a requirement. Just use whatever name you feel comfortable with.
  15. JPSartre12
    JPSartre12
    I've submitted my first post for approval. When will it be up?
  16. JPSartre12
    JPSartre12
    Also, in the biographical info section on the IFR profile, would it be wise to state our political position? I think that we should.
  17. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    Some of us have totally opposite views though, I'm a ML but there are also trots.maybe it's good to specify the tendency of every author.
  18. The_Red_Spark
    The_Red_Spark
    I can maybe try to write something this weekend.
    Maybe an idea to have some sort of list of subjects that there are already articles on, so it doesn't have articles about basically the same.
    This is a very good idea. Can you start the thread for this? You can start it and others can add the subject/topic in the posts they add.
  19. The_Red_Spark
    The_Red_Spark
    We can use [email protected] as the e-mail to submit the articles. The editors can look them over and work with the individual writers if anything needs to be changed or edited. Let us know in the email if you are not a native English speaker and want us to help you with the grammar etc. We will support all of the writers in this way if requested and needed.
  20. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    Sine my focus is mostly on theoretical aspects of communism, I have a hard time finding a subject, since you suggested not to use too communist language, and I think writing an article on the Dictatorship of the Proletariat would be exactly that.
    I have a hard time finding a subject, any suggestions on what I can write on?
  21. The_Red_Spark
    The_Red_Spark
    Some of us have totally opposite views though, I'm a ML but there are also trots.maybe it's good to specify the tendency of every author.
    You can add it if you want but tendency shouldn't be an issue at all. We are only looking to avoid rhetoric and things that may limit our ability to reach the working class as a whole. Other than that there shouldn't ever be a problem because this periodical is not a tendency specific periodical. There shouldn't be any knit picking over anyone's tendency specific views or concepts. If there is any problem with this you can contact one of the editors to have it resolved.
  22. The_Red_Spark
    The_Red_Spark
    Sine my focus is mostly on theoretical aspects of communism, I have a hard time finding a subject, since you suggested not to use too communist language, and I think writing an article on the Dictatorship of the Proletariat would be exactly that.
    I have a hard time finding a subject, any suggestions on what I can write on?
    What nation do you live in? Maybe there is a current event that you can reference and tie in a specific aspect of DoP without using this word. I can help you with a subject once I know where you reside.
  23. The_Red_Spark
    The_Red_Spark
    Also, in the biographical info section on the IFR profile, would it be wise to state our political position? I think that we should.
    It would have to be tailor made to show that this is a free press instrument and independent of party and political ideology. We have to emphasis the free press issue because it is our ace here. We don't want the periodical to exclude anyone from the left and it should be apolitical in this regard. The only exceptions should be the far right and fascists etc. We need to sort this out some more. Does anyone have anything to add to that?
  24. Positivist
    Positivist
    By publicly associating ourselves with tendencies, we are stripped of a lot of the objectivity we are striving for. Try to remember that we are reaching out to non-class conscious proletarians who have been conditioned to reject communism as evil. Whether we can comprehend this or not is going to determine whether this periodical really has a practical affect, or if it is just an exercise in self-affirmation by the writers. Just something to consider when recording your political positions on the site.
  25. The_Red_Spark
    The_Red_Spark
    By publicly associating ourselves with tendencies, we are stripped of a lot of the objectivity we are striving for. Try to remember that we are reaching out to non-class conscious proletarians who have been conditioned to reject communism as evil. Whether we can comprehend this or not is going to determine whether this periodical really has a practical affect, or if it is just an exercise in self-affirmation by the writers. Just something to consider when recording your political positions on the site.
    Very well said. This is the key here everyone. We want varying ideas and objectivity that is absent in the mainstream news. There are millions of people out there that want news and articles that are not tied to mainstream media and that are objective or show the subject matter from a different light. I couldn't have put it better than what Positivist has said above.
  26. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    What nation do you live in? Maybe there is a current event that you can reference and tie in a specific aspect of DoP without using this word. I can help you with a subject once I know where you reside.
    The Netherlands.