Iced Earth

1. A.R.Amistad
    A.R.Amistad
    I doubt that they are really political in any way, but they're a pretty good band, although I tend to prefer the melodeath and folk metal scene a bit better than the power metal scene, but its all metal and its all good. I digress. Anyone else here like to give a Marxist critique of Iced Earth? They have a lot of songs with revolution evoking lyrics. Ten Thousand Strong, Declaration Day, etcfor example. Discuss.
  2. Fiction
    Fiction
    WTF, Iced Earth is fantastic! I've been @ Blind Guardian, and so what it's music enjoy it
  3. Thirsty Crow
    Thirsty Crow
    I doubt that they are really political in any way, but they're a pretty good band, although I tend to prefer the melodeath and folk metal scene a bit better than the power metal scene, but its all metal and its all good. I digress. Anyone else here like to give a Marxist critique of Iced Earth? They have a lot of songs with revolution evoking lyrics. Ten Thousand Strong, Declaration Day, etcfor example. Discuss.
    Funny you should mention these songs since they are part of an album which is directly inspired by Jon Schaffer's rabid "patriotism" which really exploded since 9/11.

But when it comes to music, I prefer their older work, especially the conceptual Night of the Stormrider which I'd classify as heavy metal on speed
  4. ProgressivePhantasm
    ProgressivePhantasm
    Jon Schaffer is a huge supporter of the Republicans unfortunately. I love Iced Earth, but Jon's heavy handed right wing shove it down your throat songs tend to make me sick, don't get me wrong, "The Glorious Burden" is one of my favorite albums but I tend to skip "Star Spangled Banner" and "When the Eagle Cried", even the lyrics on "Declaration Day" tend to make me sick because I love the music but the lyrics just pull a cord with me due to the fact that the British were not actually all that bad to the Americans, for god saked the war was fougth because the Americans didn't want to pay reasonable taxes put in place to help the American supported wars by the Brtish against the Natives.