Moshpits anyone?

1. NecroCommie
    NecroCommie
    Any pitters here? I was just in a small local heavy metal festival for three days it the pits were god-damn perfect. In addition to our homegrown bands we had Arch Enemy, Napalm death and warbringer. I fucking love warbringer.

Anyway, after the pits of one local band called Stam1na I was officially dead. Everyplace ached and my fitness was truly tested. But I loved it!

So do you pit alot, and if yes, in which kind of pits you've been. My strangest pits have been folk-metal pits in which the basic violence is accompanied by folk-dances and circles...
  2. The Essence Of Flame Is The Essence Of Change
    Hello fellow mosher Well I've mostly been to hardcore punk and classic thrash/death/power metal mosh pits which is the norm so I don't have to share any weird genre mosh experiences I'm afraid

By the way I hate that most people I hear (except the ones who do it of course) find it extremely dangerous, hooliganistic and should-be-bannable which is pretty idiotic for me I believe that as long as you choose consentually to do and know how to be carefull it's only your call and it feels damn imba too!
  3. NecroCommie
    NecroCommie
    Yeah I know the type. It is a shame they always seem to populate the edges of the pit, shouting something comical like: "Don't push! What are you pushing!? Stop it!" And you go like: "wha? 'tis a pit and you are standing in the friggin middle of it?!"
  4. Das war einmal
    Das war einmal
    I do pits now and then but not to many, I'm not that buff you see, so that includes me flying from one corner to the other
  5. A.R.Amistad
    A.R.Amistad
    I'll say it again....Korpiklaani sprays beer on their moshers....EPIC!
  6. ∞
    Napalm death fftw
  7. Property Is Robbery
    Property Is Robbery
    When I go see ska punk/metal bands naturally there is a lot of skanking mixed with regular moshing and circles but that's definitely nothing unusual.

Did Napalm Death play their cover of Nazi Punks Fuck Off?
  8. Thirsty Crow
    Thirsty Crow
    Napalm death fftw
    Oh boy is this true.

Almost got my head chopped off when they played the cover of Nazi Punks Fuck Off (which was quite amusing given the fact that there were some nazi blokes out there).

I think they're perfect for the pit.
  9. Brosa Luxemburg
    Brosa Luxemburg
    I just went to a concert last night and moshed every time a pit formed, ran in the circles, etc.
    Needless to say I am sore today
  10. pax et aequalitas
    pax et aequalitas
    In the city I live we used to have regular concerts with alternative music in an old bunker. Mostly local punk/metal bands played there (though there have been hip-hop and tekno-evenings as well. The mosh pits always started out very chill, mostly with a bit younger people in it. Then as the evening progressed it would become more heavy with older people getting in it as well. At the end of the evening I usually would just stay out, because it'd be full of adults with leather jackets full of studs and about two-third of them prolly'd be on drugs and I'm a rather light-weight and fragile fellow Too bad the municipality decided to close the place though