What is this bit of nonsense?

1. seventeethdecember2016
    Recently a Trotskyist presented this to me.
    www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-454291/Stalin-lover-aged-13.html

I know this website is considered Conservative, but I need a stronger argument than that to prove it is false.
    The only other source that I found that supports this was the freerepublic- another Conservative site.
    www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1832643/posts

I looked through newspaper archives, and this story only came up for those two news papers. So it seems like these were fabricated by someone.

"It had first surfaced soon after he took over from Lenin as Soviet dictator in 1924, appearing in the "scurrilous" tabloids and emigre journals in the West that were banned in the newly-formed Soviet Union."
    Funny that these tabloids and journals didn't show up in any archive.
  2. Zealot
    Zealot
    Sounds a bit suspect and, even if true, I don't think these relationships were uncommon at that time.
  3. Vyacheslav Brolotov
    Not true. Show me that KGB paper by Ivan Serov that is supposedly in the Kremlin Presidental Archives and I'll believe it. And it has to have Molotov's signature, just to make sure Khrushchev did not fabricate it. Just conservative propaganda, and even the articles say that people believe that it is.
  4. Roach
    Roach
    Yeah, the Kruschevites always liked to spread rumours of pedophilia to discredit their political adversaries, just like they did with Beria.

It isnt even necessary to show all that documentation stuff Bostana, no serious historian makes such wild claims.
  5. Vyacheslav Brolotov
    Yeah, the Kruschevites always liked to spread rumours of pedophilia to discredit their political adversaries, just like they did with Beria.

It isnt even necessary to show all that documentation stuff Bostana, no serious historian makes such wild claims.
    My name is not Bostana. Anyways, what kind of rumors did they spread about Beria, other than that he killed Comrade Stalin?
  6. Khalid
    Khalid
    I guess that article is from Montefiores book "Young Stalin". His both books on Stalin are full of crazy stories like this. And to be honest, I don't care if it's true or not. It sounds kinda believable though.

But if he really was a pedophile or something, he probably would have continued seducing young girls in his later life. But that didn't happen.
  7. Vyacheslav Brolotov
    Even if it is true, I know for a fact that those consensual relationships were commonplace back then.
  8. Roach
    Roach
    My name is not Bostana. Anyways, what kind of rumors did they spread about Beria, other than that he killed Comrade Stalin?
    Oh sorry, must have got confused or something, so about Beria, he was accused of being a pedophile, a rapist, an agent of US imperialism, etc. Eveyonce in a while some trot brings those claims up here on revleft.
  9. Volcanicity
    Volcanicity
    IIRC the story of Beria being a Paedophile was also mentioned in Robert Harris's novel Archangel,Harris was a very big supporter of Tony Blair who also donated a lot of money to his party.

Guys like Harris who write popular novels as well as Non-fiction and have a massive amount of readers can come up with or grab a hold of any rumour and then start to go with all kind of strange plotlines just look at the popularity of writers like Dan Brown.Then once stuff like the rumours surrounding someone like Beria get a mainstream audience who've never previously even heard or seen the name of Beria ,then these stories will often take on a life of their own.

A myth then becomes a fact in some peoples minds, no matter what the truth.
  10. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    We shouldn't cofuse a Paedophile with an Ephebophile or Hebephile (which concerns sexual attraction to teenagers; those sexually mature but under the age of decent in that country). I am not sure how true this is (it probably isn't) but it wouldn't make Stalin a paedo and relationships like this were not uncommon in those days (as frowned upon as it may be... outside various states of Japan where age of consent is 13).

I don't think teenagers being sexually active even with 30 years olds and people abusing children below that age should be conflated.

If it were proved Stalin was a Paedo of course it would make me lose all respect for him as a man, but it would still not discredit his leadership abilities or Marxism-Leninism.
  11. Bostana
    Bostana
    I stopped reading after it said,
    "Nikita Khrushchev decided he had to investigate the astonishing rumour..."
  12. Zealot
    Zealot
    Well I mean...it's hard to take this guy seriously. He talks shit about how Stalin was "never without at least one girlfriend" and "often more." As if that is something we should all be concerned about. Stalin was a ladies' man and this conservative is jealous. I did, however, quite enjoy this sentence:

Stalin in those days was slim, attractive, charming, an accomplished poet and educated in the priesthood, but also a pitiless Marxist terrorist and brutal gangster boss - a Red Godfather who had funded Lenin's Bolsheviks with a series of audaciously bloody acts of bank robbery, piracy and racketeering.
  13. Vyacheslav Brolotov
    Well I mean...it's hard to take this guy seriously. He talks shit about how Stalin was "never without at least one girlfriend" and "often more." As if that is something we should all be concerned about. Stalin was a ladies' man and this conservative is jealous. I did, however, quite enjoy this sentence:

Stalin in those days was slim, attractive, charming, an accomplished poet and educated in the priesthood, but also a pitiless Marxist terrorist and brutal gangster boss - a Red Godfather who had funded Lenin's Bolsheviks with a series of audaciously bloody acts of bank robbery, piracy and racketeering.
    I want to be like Stalin. The description you just gave of him makes him look like the epitome of epicness.