Who was the worst Soviet leader?

1. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    I was wondering who the M-L's of this group think is the worst Soviet leader; the choices of Khrushchev and Gorbachev are slightly obvious so if you think they are also say one less obvious. Obviously there are a lot of bad leaders to choose from after the early 1950s.
  2. Ismail
    Ismail
    The USSR didn't have that many leaders. Brezhnevites tend to like Andropov, mainly because he was "anti-corruption." Yet at that same time he also wanted to implement market reforms, not to the extent of Gorbachev but still. Then there's Chernenko, who was too ill to do anything of note and was basically just Brezhnev #2.

So all we have, really, is Khrushchev, Brezhnev and Gorbachev, and all three were terrible leaders from a Marxist-Leninist perspective.

I don't know much about Malenkov, although he was in practice to the right of Stalin.
  3. Die Neue Zeit
    Die Neue Zeit
    Kaganovich would have made a far better Soviet leader than all that lot:

http://www.revleft.com/vb/khrushchev...859/index.html
  4. Comrade Samuel
    Comrade Samuel
    Worst soviet leader? after Lenin and Stalin had passed the union had started to slowly detererate into capitalism because of all the revisionists. Most people like to put all the blame on Gorbachev but he was just finishing the job Khrushchev had started.

After the death of Stalin they where all terrible but since it was the U.S.S.R they all sucked equally.
  5. Omsk
    Omsk
    Definitely Khrushchev.

And maybe Andropov.Nationalist adoring rot.
  6. Bostana
    Bostana
    Khrushchev,
    He was the person who led the USSR to nationalism, Imperialism, Revisionism, Reformation, and Capitalism
  7. Sixiang
    Sixiang
    Khrushchev,
    He was the person who led the USSR to nationalism, Imperialism, Revisionism, Reformation, and Capitalism
    Yep. Khrushchev it is.
  8. Vyacheslav Brolotov
    Whoever started the problem is the guilty one (ahem, Khrushchev, cough).

But I seem to have a lot more hate for Gorbachev, maybe because he is still alive.