Maintaining the group.

1. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    I have made this thread so members can suggest changes to the board or where I can get some input on the bigger decisions (not small things like accepting members; I accepted six M-Ls today; another four pending members hadn't posted on the forums and one wasn't an M-L so I didn't accept them; this could change if the members post but I don't think we should accept members who haven't even made an introduction thread or any post so we know about them).

I know a few members (myself included) which to "purge" ( ) the group of non-M-Ls (there are many) and thus get a true idea of how many M-Ls are members (and because they don't even need to be members to view this board at the moment; I have checked the setting); at the present there are quite a few Trotskyists, Left-Coms, Lib-Coms and Anarchists.

Does anyone have any opinions and/or suggestions?
  2. Omsk
    Omsk
    1.) Delete non-ML's.
    2.) Could you change the setings so that non-members cant see this board?
    3.) You could load up more pictures.
    4.) You could get us a new group avatar.
    5.) Congratulations.
  3. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    Yeah basically what Omsk said. Gat rid of the non M-Ls especially. We can debate with them enough on the main boards...
  4. Vyacheslav Brolotov
    Oops, maybe that's why I didnt get accepted for a long time. I didnt make an introduction thread! :P too late, who cares
  5. Vyacheslav Brolotov
    Ill make one anyways for the hell of it
  6. Comrade Samuel
    Comrade Samuel
    I think Omsk hit just about everything that's needed to get us back on track here. Next comes increasing amount new members and I imagine the discussion link thread will stop the " 10 anarchist, left communist, ect. V.S 1 or 2 M-L" trend so that just leaves generating more discussion within the group and attempting to subtly win over the rest of the forum. (good luck with that one)

Oh and congratulations on becoming maintainer comrade.
  7. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    Oops, maybe that's why I didnt get accepted for a long time. I didnt make an introduction thread! :P too late, who cares
    That was more because our old maintainer wasn't around.
  8. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    I think Omsk hit just about everything that's needed to get us back on track here. Next comes increasing amount new members and I imagine the discussion link thread will stop the " 10 anarchist, left communist, ect. V.S 1 or 2 M-L" trend so that just leaves generating more discussion within the group and attempting to subtly win over the rest of the forum. (good luck with that one)

Oh and congratulations on becoming maintainer comrade.
    Yes indeed, and thanks, comrade.
  9. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    1.) Delete non-ML's.
    That is being done as we speak (just looking through to make sure I locate all of them).

Yes I could. And, you are right, I think we should as well. I don't think this is a place for arguing with non-M-Ls so I shall change the setting.

This I was already starting (I have a lot to upload from my files, photos of comrades, propaganda posters et cetera).

I could get a few choices and post them up to vote on... maybe others should as well if they have any they think would be good? I personally don't mind the one we have but I think I have a few images lying about I'd prefer... I like this:

Though maybe we should still have one with Marx, Engels, Lenin and Stalin.

I also have one like the current one we have now; but with just the faces on a red background rather than in a flag. I'll make a thread and we can vote on a new one.

5.) Congratulations.
    Thanks. Much appreciated, comrade.
  10. Khalid
    Khalid
    I think this board should be available for everyone to see. This is a great board with great atmosphere and great discussion, and we should not hide the light under a bushel. Hiding ML discussion might push away new comrades who are not sure about their tendency yet.

Leftcom, Trot and other Anti-ML posts should not be allowed though.
  11. Roach
    Roach
    please, this avatar must stay.
  12. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    I think this board should be available for everyone to see. This is a great board with great atmosphere and great discussion, and we should not hide the light under a bushel. Hiding ML discussion might push away new comrades who are not sure about their tendency yet.
    That may be a good point. Many new to the Left may want to come here to view what we are about. In a perfect board system we could have two sections, one open to only group members and the other to everyone... but we can't (checked up on it).

Leftcom, Trot and other Anti-ML posts should not be allowed though.
    Agreed there.

please, this avatar must stay.
    I like it as well; I'll put it into a thread and if we still like it best we can keep it. I also have one that is similar but I think it is better as it doesn't have the red flag and white background; it is just red.
  13. El Chuncho
    El Chuncho
    I think we should not have this group as a place for M-Ls to post but I do not think we should make it private. We have nothing really to hide.
  14. Omsk
    Omsk
    Just change the setings so people (Outside of the group) cant see the content.

And a note: delete absolutely all non ML users,if you could,and i see you are doing a good job so far comrade.

15. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    Just change the setings so people (Outside of the group) cant see the content.
    We'll have to see what some of the other users think here; I can see good points about both sides of this.

Yes it is good not to have it so anyone can see what we are discussing; however new members may wish to find out more about us by viewing the group. Hmm... we need more views.

And a note: delete absolutely all non ML users,if you could,and i see you are doing a good job so far comrade.
    Thanks. I am certain there are still more. Had to go through 400 members and check them so it shall take a little longer!

I'm also not going to accept membership requests unless we know they are M-Ls... there are many that haven't posted yet that I am waiting for. There used to be too many ffff-whatevers and other anarchists (especially) that were disruptive a while back so it is best we do restrict membership to M-Ls (whether Hoxhaist or Maoist or non-partisan obviously).

The oddest member I found in the list is Trotsky's Apprentice who says on their profile they are Trotskyist and M-L which I don't understand.
  16. RedHal
    RedHal
    Trot with ML sympathies, hmmm could be a WWP/PSL Marcyist or just confused
  17. Comrade_Stalin
    Comrade_Stalin
    1.) Delete non-ML's.
    5.) Congratulations.
    I agree with all but 2, as doing this will result in this group turning into a clone of the Stalinist group. Therefore to increase the number of new members I think we should leave the form open. Though I'm more than happy to enforce number one we should ban all revisionist from joining this group. That includes people who just joined every group on the site. I find it shocking that revisionist Q and Kléber can join our group so easily.
  18. El Chuncho
    El Chuncho
    Yeah, I think we should keep it open just so that other potential members can see our threads and feel that we have the same beliefs as them (they'd not be the first to change from generic Marxism to Marxism-Leninism). Closing the board would be pointless if we stop non-M-Ls from joining anyway.
  19. Bostana
    Bostana
    This is a good avatar but I wouldn't mind changing it to This:
  20. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    This is a good avatar but I wouldn't mind changing it to This:
    I have one of that without the writing all over it; we could use that if everyone likes that design. I've made a thread about the group avatar.
  21. Bostana
    Bostana
    I have one of that without the writing all over it; we could use that if everyone likes that design. I've made a thread about the group avatar.
    That would be better