Bulgarian communist left

1. promethean
    I was reading this in Philippe Bourinnet's book on the Dutch-German left. Is there any more information available on the Bulgarian lefts?

In the Bulgarian KAP, numerically the strongest of the KAI, there was a no barred struggle between the Sofia tendency, attached to Essen, and the more workerist Varna tendency, close to Berlin. At first, the Bulgarian KAP had been very reticent about the KAI; in a letter of 25th January 1922, the Sofia organisation refused to send a delegate to the future KAI congress. Thereafter, it seems that contrary to Berlin’s claims that there were two KAPs, each publishing its own Rabotchnitcheska Iskra the KAP split, not into two parties, but into two groups which coexisted within the same party. Both groups joined the KAI, but a strong minority within the Varna tendency remained in contact with the Berlin KAPD, similarly to Holland (see below). The result was a great confusion in the KAP where the split caused by the formation of the KAI still further encouraged localism and personal antagonisms. Although it emerged intact from the bloody confrontations of September 1923, the KAP seems not to have survived the terrible repression that followed the terrorist action carried out by the Bulgarian CP in April 1925.
  2. mikail firtinaci
    I was reading the same thing a few weeks ago. I think there is one page of this groups journal online - if you can read Bulgarian!

http://www.collectif-smolny.org/arti...id_article=670