Favourite Engels work ??

1. scarletghoul
    scarletghoul
    I absolutely love The Origin of the Family, Private Property, and the State.
  2. the youth dialectic
    Ludwig Feuerbach and the End of Classical German Philosophy

"Only among the working class does the German aptitude for theory remain unimpaired. Here, it cannot be exterminated. Here, there is no concern for careers,for profit-making, or for gracious patronage from above. On the contrary, the more ruthlessly and disinterestedly science proceeds the more it finds itself in harmony with the interest and aspirations of the workers. The new tendency, which recognized that the key to the understanding of the whole history of society lies in the history of the development of labor, from the outset addressed itself by preference to the working class and here found the response which it neither sought nor expected from officially recognized science. The German working-class movement is the inheritor of German classical philosophy."
  3. ZeroNowhere
    Probably 'Anti-Duhring', although the 'Feuerbach' is definitely up there. 'Dialectics of Nature' would probably have been my favourite if it were completed, being practically Engels' 'Capital' as far as the plans go, but unfortunately such was not to be. I suppose he deserves quite a bit of gratitude for his work on volumes II and III of Capital, especially the latter.