I have left the ICC (Devrim)

1. Devrim
    Devrim
    Just as a point of information, I am no longer a member of the ICC. I don’t intend to comment on this at the moment. A couple of years ago when some people left the ICC in Turkey, we decided not to coment on it for six months in order to allow people to calm down a little about something that they were, at the time, very angry about. To us it seemed a much more sensible approach to adopt than that of mutual slagings of and recriminations that have charecterised the communist left in the past years. When the six months had passed it all seemed a lot less important than it did at the time. I don’t think that I will have nothing to say about it come the new year, but to me in principle the approach that we took at the time seemed to be a good one, and I don’t see amy reason to depart from it. After all, it is not as if the working class is clinging to every word that the communist left says, and need to understand why I left immediately.

Devrim
  2. Niccolò Rossi
    I think this post is a good idea, just as a public statement. The way I see it, this is not very surprising, although it came out of the blue. All the best to both parties. I think a re-examination given distance will help.

Nic.
  3. Q
    Q
    Does this mean more people from the Turkish ICC have left, or is it just Devrim?
  4. Devrim
    Devrim
    No, just me.

Devrim
  5. Paulappaul
    Paulappaul
    Wow this is surprising. Will you join any other organization?
  6. Devrim
    Devrim
    Will you join any other organization?
    No, not immediately.

Devrim
  7. Lurch
    Lurch
    Sorry to hear this Devrim. Look forward to your continued input on various forums, amongst other 'outlets'
    Similarly, and perhaps more importantly, solidarity with the Turkish section of the ICC: your strength as part of the collective should in no way be underestimated.
  8. SHORAS
    SHORAS
    I think this post is a good idea, just as a public statement. The way I see it, this is not very surprising, although it came out of the blue. All the best to both parties. I think a re-examination given distance will help.

Nic.
    Not sure why you would say that unless you know him personally or were aware of something most weren't. Devrim gave the impression around the net of a very committed ICC comrade. Although I noticed some differences between him and others in the organisation along with some criticisms he had I always looked for his comments and strongly respected what he had to say as someone with a lot of experience and knowledge. Anyway, only three months before or dishes the dirt!
  9. Devrim
    Devrim
    Not sure why you would say that unless you know him personally or were aware of something most weren't.
    He does.

I always looked for his comments and strongly respected what he had to say as someone with a lot of experience and knowledge.
    Thanks for those kind words.

Anyway, only three months before or dishes the dirt!
    I wouldn't really call it that.

Devrim