numbers

1. efficiency
    efficiency
    Please help me find a resource that quantifies the number of jobs that exist merely to support the capitalist system. I am attempting to quantify the waste of human resource power. For instance, I know that advertising, banking and securities trading and insurance are unnecessary in a money-less economy but I don't know how many people actually work in those industries, or what other industries there are that would be fully or partially eliminated in a resource based economy in which there was no longer any such thing as money.

As for me, I am not a Marxist. I joined this group because it seems to me that no nation has ever tested out a money-less economy before. I may misunderstand what the term "State Capitalist theorist" means. I think it refers to the idea that the so called communist states, such as the USSR and Cuba were never truly so. Well, if they used money then I think they weren't. They may well have been Marxist but did not create a money-less economy. Did they?

Well, now I've asked two questions but to me the first is more important. Does anyone know where I can find empirical facts showing how many human hours are being wasted on jobs that do not produce any actual goods or services but are only needed to support the capitalist system? Bottom line I am looking for a percentage of total human effort. I suspect it is about 80% waste. In some areas it may be higher.

Thank you for your help!