Helmut Wagner

1. Paulappaul
    Paulappaul
    I was browsing Marxist Internet Archive when I saw this for the Communist Helmut Wagner, whom I had never heard before in the scene of the Communist Left,

Left Social-Democratic journalist and teacher, member of the German Rote Kämpfer network (influenced by council communism) in the 30's. Wrote under the pseudonym Rudolf Sprenger.

I searched ICC and found nothing on him. Searched Libcom and found a review of one of his works by Red and Black Publishers (a libertarian communist journal). I skimmed over some of his work and it seems very reminiscent, if not more developed, then Otto Ruhle's theses on Bolshevism. What MIA has on him can be found here, Link

Does anybody know more about Helmut? Perhaps some of his other work or what came to be of him? He lived until the 80s and I am curious as to if he stayed a Communist and if layed low like others in the Communist Left during World War 2..
  2. Jock
    Jock
    We published an article by him from International Counicl Correspondence on Anarchism and the Spansih Civil war in our very first Revolutionary Perspectives in 1974. I still have the original text we used. That's all I can offer.
  3. Paulappaul
    Paulappaul
    yes can you link me to it?
  4. Android
    Android
    It is not online. The CWO don't have their complete archive online, unfortunately.