Malcolm X and anti-pacifism

1. Lobotomy
    Lobotomy
    Can anyone direct me to some speeches or writing by Malcolm X that is related to anti-pacifism?
  2. Flying Trotsky
    Flying Trotsky
    I wasn't able to find an essay or speech, but I did manage to scrape together some quotes of his on the subject of violence and pacifism.

"I am for violence if non-violence means we continue postponing a solution to the American black man's problem just to avoid violence."

"I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence."

"Nonviolence is fine as long as it works." (that's an awesome one)

“If violence is wrong in America, violence is wrong abroad. If it is wrong to be violent defending black women and black children and black babies and black men, then it is wrong for America to draft us, and make us violent abroad in defense of her. And if it is right for America to draft us, and teach us how to be violent in defense of her, then it is right for you and me to do whatever is necessary to defend our own people right here in this country.”

"They call me "a teacher, a fomenter of violence." I would say point blank, "That is a lie. I'm not for wanton violence, I'm for justice." I feel that if white people were attacked by Negroes — if the forces of law prove unable, or inadequate, or reluctant to protect those whites from those Negroes — then those white people should protect and defend themselves from those Negroes, using arms if necessary. And I feel that when the law fails to protect Negroes from whites' attacks, then those Negroes should use arms if necessary to defend themselves. "Malcolm X advocates armed Negroes!" What was wrong with that? I'll tell you what's wrong. I was a black man talking about physical defense against the white man. The white man can lynch and burn and bomb and beat Negroes — that's all right: "Have patience"..."The customs are entrenched"..."Things will get better."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

"Concerning non-violence: it is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks."

Those are the major ones I could find. Hope it helps.
  3. Volcanicity
    Volcanicity
    Try this guy's Youtube channel it's got hours of Malcolm X's speeches and interviews as well as some great documentaries:

http://www.youtube.com/user/antihostile.