Introduction (Notebook M)

1. Kadir Ateş
    I recognise that there was some confusion as to when we'll actually begin discussing. I should have been clearer.

While people are still waiting for their books to come through, let's wait for Monday, 4 July to at least review the Introduction. If you have the MECW/Marxists.org version it's here:

http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx...risse/ch01.htm

If you have the Penguin edition, it's pages 81-111.

How does that sound? We can spend a few days posting our thoughts, etc. before moving on to NB I.
  2. Zanthorus
    Zanthorus
    Sounds great to me. I've already read Introduction (Notebook M) and Notebook I but it'll give me more time to make notes.
  3. TheGodlessUtopian
    TheGodlessUtopian
    Sounds good.I will have the forward finished tonight and will start on the introduction tomorrow.
  4. ZeroNowhere
    Incidentally, it may help users who want to clarify aspects of the introduction to read this piece by Marx, which goes over essentially the same subject, in case having two presentations of the subject makes things clearer.
  5. Commie73
    Commie73
    ill be back home late monday, but i guess i will be able to contribute a little to the discussion.
  6. Zanthorus
    Zanthorus
    Incidentally, it may help users who want to clarify aspects of the introduction to read this piece by Marx, which goes over essentially the same subject, in case having two presentations of the subject makes things clearer.
    I only just realised ZN but that appendix is the introduction to the Grundrisse. For some reason MIA must have marked them up as two seperate works

Since I know you would never make such an obvious mistake ( ) I'll note that you probably meant to link people to the chapter on the subject and method of political economy in Engels' Anti-Duhring.
  7. ZeroNowhere
    Well, that's what you get for having too many tabs about the same thing open at once. I've amended that, though. Thanks. The Engels link is also worth reading, and most of the later Engels' works around that period would probably contribute in some way to understanding the Grundrisse.