Esperanto (The International Language)

1. Sogdian
    Sogdian
    Esperanto is the most widely spoken constructed international auxiliary language. Its name derives from Doktoro Esperanto, the pseudonym under which L. L. Zamenhof published the first book detailing Esperanto, the Unua Libro, in 1887. The word esperanto means "one who hopes" in the language itself. Zamenhof's goal was to create an easy to learn and politically neutral language that would serve as a universal second language to foster peace and international understanding.[wiki]

Is there anyone in this forum who speaks or interested in learning Esperanto? It would be great to share some links and thoughts on international neutral language. The idea of world was discussed elsewhere in this forum.
  2. Lolshevik
    Lolshevik
    I've dabbled in it before. I'm already learning Spanish but I'm attempting to learn Esperanto as well. Just got through my first lesson today!

If you're thinking about learning, we should talk. That way we'll both be less likely to give up for lack of people to talk to. Granted, there are lots of Esperanto local groups, online chats and stuff, but just because someone speaks a given language doesn't mean they're interesting in the least...
  3. RedBaltico
    RedBaltico
    Hey guys I am with you, I wish to learn Esperanto and of course have someone to practice with maybe you have some good websites for Esperanto, that would be wonderful, I know some as well, so we can share them.