Rancid

1. Fawkes
    Fawkes
    It seems that people either love Rancid and see them as rejuvenators of punk or hate them as sellouts, even though they aren't really. What do you guys think? I love them as they manage to encompass pretty much all of my main interests: street punk, hardcore punk, ska, and blues (in Lars's solos), though I think Indestructible, while still a pretty good album, was definitely a step down from pretty much all of their other ones. I also love Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards, even though he sounds like he's got a bit of an ego from the name.
  2. Pirate Utopian
    Pirate Utopian
    Not a fan.
  3. STJ
    STJ
    Me either.
  4. Riot11
    Riot11
    Thats funny, I think that Indestructable is their best album so far. With the exception of a few songs it seems like one of their most personal albums. In my opinion.
  5. The Ben G
    The Ben G
    I saw rancid with voodoo glow skulls and some other band. Their bass player blew me away with this 5 minute bass solo he did. Personaly, I dont see why people see them as sell outs, but they are poppy, but not bad.
  6. WindyCityNinja
    WindyCityNinja
    I like their music, but if Leftover Cracks story is true, they sold out hard.
  7. Dimitri Molotov
    Dimitri Molotov
    Haha I love Rancid, I love all of their CD's. When their newest one came out I didn't like it at first but I listened to it again and warmed up to it I guess because I really like the first like six songs :P. I also like Operation Ivy allot, but I don't know too many Lars + The Bastards songs, which do you recommend? I also like Leftover Crack too, lol the range of bands I like is huge. Even though they have a little dispute going, I don't care I like them both for the music they play.