Leninists

1. TheAnarchistSyndicalist
    TheAnarchistSyndicalist
    Anybody have any reliable sources (preferrably Marx's) de-bunking this concept as a pre-cursor to and gateway to 'State Capitalism'
  2. palooko
    Well, look at Leninist-Stalinist Russia and define how exactly that wasn't 'State Capitalist.' Leninists protect their right to wield the club by following their doctrine which basically states 'radical intellectuals' have the right to hold State power and force harsh rulings on it's people. "Red Bureaucracy" or how Bakunin says the "new class." They basically become 'State Priests' as in the Bonapartist State which Marx denounced himself.
  3. ∞
    Well, look at Leninist-Stalinist Russia and define how exactly that wasn't 'State Capitalist.' Leninists protect their right to wield the club by following their doctrine which basically states 'radical intellectuals' have the right to hold State power and force harsh rulings on it's people. "Red Bureaucracy" or how Bakunin says the "new class." They basically become 'State Priests' as in the Bonapartist State which Marx denounced himself.
    Exactly, I wasn't able to put it in those words
  4. syndicat
    syndicat
    but if they're a new class, how are they capitalists? i don't think "state capitalism" makes much sense. USSR wasn't a system of private wealth accumulation. for capital to exist the possessors of capital have to go out into markets and buy land, equipment, hire people etc and then sell commodities. USSR wasn't run that way. It was a state centralist system with a bureaucratic ruling class.
  5. Ztrain
    Ztrain
    well they were the replacement for capitialists and it was like replacing dr pepper with mr pibb...slightly tastier but not much difference and incapable of becoming the egalitarian orange crush everybody wanted.
  6. Bardo
    Bardo
    I think any history book would do the trick
  7. Kadir Ateş
    Anybody have any reliable sources (preferrably Marx's) de-bunking this concept as a pre-cursor to and gateway to 'State Capitalism
    I mean the one work which many Leninist often grown at is Marx's Grundrisse, which is perhaps the most indepth and best explication of direct communization from capitalist social relations.

Also, you really won't find in Marx (maybe Engels) any ideas which of this whole "transitional stage" which, in the case of the Soviet Union, became state capitalism.