I'd kinda like to become a Vegetarian

1. SamV
    Not a vegan (no offense to anyone, to me being a vegan isn't very practical, though I will continue to get eggs and milk from more organic/green friendly stores and not places like walmart)

But are there any tips? I am half Italian so it is extremely hard for me, I've been freaking raised on meat my whole life.
  2. Agent Ducky
    Agent Ducky
    I would suggest looking on the internet for Vegetarian recipes. The idea of becoming a vegetarian can be very daunting. You just need to know where to start. I suggest transitioning slowly, like starting out with only eating meat once/twice a week, and then reducing slowly from there ^_^. You will find that there's plenty of stuff to eat out there. Good luck =]
  3. Quail
    Quail
    I'm not sure how easy it is in Italy, but can't you get soya milk substitutes? I personally prefer soya milk to dairy milk anyway. Also, things like canned beans are really good and versatile, as are dishes such as risotto or paella. Try to eat whole grain bread, etc, as it contains more protein. If there are health food shops nearby, I'd have a look for things like dried beans, quinoa, soya mince, etc. There are so many tasty things you can make without meat or meat substitutes. It might be worth looking into middle eastern cuisine with stuff like falafels and houmous, which are really easy to make and really tasty.